Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot T- Bass - special edition-SOLD

ryancowell25

For Sale

[color=red][size=4]Trace[/size][/color] [color=red][size=4]Elliot[/size][/color] T-Bass Special Edition made in 1998, part of a run of 100, with the following features:

Body -Tulip Wood Candy Apple Red

Neck -3 Piece Maple and graphite

Fingerboard- Rosewood

Nut-Graphite

34" scale 24 fret

I bought this from Cocco very recently but have a hankering for something else up on the boards at the moment.
It has a brand new set of R.Coccos on it and plays perfectly fine but in the spirit of full disclosure it does have the following issues -

When it arrived the active preamp was not working - Cocco informed me that this happened in transit so it just needs a look over with a soldering iron. The bass works perfectly fine in passive mode. I have used for a live theatre gig and there were no issues what so ever.

The bass has obviously been worked previously so there are some cosmetic dinks, nothing major, but its certainly not straight out of the factory.

If it was not for another potential purchase I would certainly be keeping this as it does play great. A lovely example of a super Jazz.

Hopefully this is all reflected in the price as i'm asking for £400 delivered in original Trace Elliot Hard case.

I have some pictures from the original sale I can e-mail you so PM me your e-mail address if your intereseted. Tomorrow I will post up some proper ones when I get some new pictures.

Edited by ryancowell25

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1326893204' post='1503291']They didnt Status made a limited run of 100 for Trace Elliot.
Status now do a model of the T-Bass with a carbon Graphite neck.[/quote]
They made a lot more than 100. Each colour was a "limited run", but the actual "limited edition" was the first one, to mark a Trace Elliot anniversary, so the basses were finished in Trace's corporate green (so not to be confused with the trans teal green ones).

They made a lot more than 100. Each colour was a "limited run", but the actual "limited edition" was the first one, to mark a Trace Elliot anniversary, so the basses were finished in Trace's corporate green (so not to be confused with the trans teal green ones).

MB1. B)
"Twelvety!"

seem to think the British racing green ones were limited to 15 to mark the anniversary... and the other colour/s were limited to 50 on the original run?

Edited by MB1

[quote name='MB1' timestamp='1326902096' post='1503469'][T]hink the British racing green ones were limited to 15 to mark the anniversary... and the other colour/s were limited to 50 on the original run?[/quote]
Fifteen certainly sounds right, but can't recall if it was 15 in total or 15 of each the 4 and 5 string versions. Again, with each of the runs I've heard different figures (perhaps, again, with disinformation about how many fours and how many fives were made). Which of the colours were the originals? The trans red, blue and green, the solid black and off white, and the natural?

• 6 months later...