Why become a member? ×

New Zoom B3

dannybuoy

[quote name='Dave Tipping' timestamp='1329046295' post='1536359']
... Apart from being very nervous beer would get spilled on it .. or some tool would jump on it during a stage invasion at the end of our set last night
[/quote]

[quote name='Dave Tipping' timestamp='1329046295' post='1536359']
it just seems a lot more vulnarable that my old pedal board ... Esp with a large group of drunken punters invading the stage with pints in hands! I'm probably going to get some rechargeable batts for it so I don't need it plugged in, that way I could probably kick it / pull it to the back of the stage if it's getting a bit crazy.
[/quote]

In the end, that's a big reason why I returned it. I could see I just wouldn't be able to relax playing with this thing live, I really baby my stuff (made a new tiny dent on my bass yesterday and was devastated all night :P ) so for OCD people like me the M5 is much more suitable, pretty hard to hit that screen and the rest of it can withstand a thermonuclear war.

FWIW, I tested it with my monitoring headphones (AKG K240 Mk2) and I thought it sounded a bit better than through my amp (SWR 350x + Triad cab).

discreet you need to get playing in some better venues :lol: .. I had to kick one guy last night to stop him from jumping up with a pint .. lots of beer was getting thrown around / fights breaking out etc. so I managed to pull my zoom over to the side of the stage just before an encore of killing in the name of .. which ended up with 20 odd piss heads jumping onto the stage and leaping around like mentalists. I was probably just being over protective of my new toy but I'm not sure it would survive being jumped on, despite being fairly rugged it has got a very large screen and a fair bit of plastic on the front of it. The joys of playing in small Scottish town nightclubs!

I've ordered one of these now too with the proceeds of my pedal sale. I had loads of effects I wasn't really using, this will give me loads more to play with instead! The bass muff sounds pretty good in this demo:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXcF4qJKvI8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXcF4qJKvI8[/url]

I have high hopes for the amp sims, OD/fuzz and Moog lowpass filter.

has anyone used the edit and share software yet?

I sort of had the idea that maybe there would be a forum hosted by Zoom where people swapped patches in the way that TC Electronic does it with users of the G System.

It'd be a really lazy way of me getting some decent Muse sounding patches :blush:

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1329089190' post='1537136']
has anyone used the edit and share software yet?

I sort of had the idea that maybe there would be a forum hosted by Zoom where people swapped patches in the way that TC Electronic does it with users of the G System.

It'd be a really lazy way of me getting some decent Muse sounding patches :blush:
[/quote]

Briefly, it's quicker then using the actual unit to edit sounds and you can export the patch to a file so easy to share settings, maybe we could have a thread on Basschat dedicated to patch sharing?

I have no Muse patches though - sorry.

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1329121042' post='1537232']
Briefly, it's quicker then using the actual unit to edit sounds and you can export the patch to a file so easy to share settings, maybe we could have a thread on Basschat dedicated to patch sharing?

I have no Muse patches though - sorry.
[/quote]

That's a good idea

[quote name='OmeDunk' timestamp='1329034115' post='1536180']
What kind of effect did you use to play the synth intro of Dakota?
[/quote]

When I get 5 mins I'll put it up here

[quote name='Dave Tipping' timestamp='1329141090' post='1537657']
Top Idea! I've not tried the software yet, love the fact you can import and export patches though B)
[/quote]

What section should it go in do we think, the Effects one makes sense? maybe ask for it to be pinned, I'm happy to start the thread.

Pulled the trigger on a B3 at the weekend - can't wait.
I think its probably the looper that I'm most looking forward to mucking about with.

If its anything like the B2 (which I also have) I'll hate ALL the pre-sets :D and I'll just spend hours editing the patches - and sill hating it. But its the fun of the chase.

Edited by BluRay

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1329184923' post='1538567']and on balance I really think my loot would be better spent on (for example) a micro-Thumpinator, which judging by the recent BC (and other) threads, would overall make a more positive and fundamental improvement to my live sound. In theory.
[/quote]

What thread is that? I read a very long and informative thread on talkbass and a guy said this:
"[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] This unit is ruler-flat down to around 30 Hz, then it drops sharply like a steep cliff. IOW, nothing from the low B and up is affected [/font][/color][u]at all[/u][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,], but nothing [/font][/color][i]below[/i][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] that low B can get through. This nulls string thump, mic stand rumble, the thump when you drop/bang your bass against something, and any other source of subharmonic pops/booms."[/font][/color]

So not sure it will be noticeable at all for a 4-string bass...

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1329208584' post='1538633']
So not sure it will be noticeable at all for a 4-string bass...
[/quote]

Have been in communication with Max and others re this, and the Thumpinator is suitable for 4 and 5 string basses. You said it yourself, '...[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nulls string thump, mic stand rumble, the thump when you drop/bang your bass against something, and any other source of sub-harmonic pops/booms.'[/font][/color]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1329209899' post='1538657']
Have been in communication with Max and others re this, and the Thumpinator is suitable for 4 and 5 string basses. You said it yourself, '...[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]nulls string thump, mic stand rumble, the thump when you drop/bang your bass against something, and any other source of sub-harmonic pops/booms.'[/font][/color]
[/quote]

But is that all...? I mean, no audible difference in normal playing?

[quote name='deanbean502' timestamp='1329328537' post='1540790']
Me to! I was expecting it today. Gutted it hasn't arrived.
[/quote]

So was I. I was hoping to use it at rehearsal tonight...
It's being delivered to work, I don't work Thursdays...
:(

I'd rather pay for swifter delivery than have slow free delivery...

[quote name='deanbean502' timestamp='1329331429' post='1540851']
[left]What! I ordered from them Sunday as well and still no sign :blink:[/left]
[/quote]

I've gotten so used to being emailed at every stage of the ordering process (order confrimation, order processed, Order dispatched etc...) that when I don't get it I think something is wrong...

Hi Guys,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in some of you receiving your orders. All B3's are being sent out free of charge on a next day delivery service and the vast majority of them have been. Unfortunately, due to human error, those who ordered over the weekend or during the day on Monday were sent out on a slower service. These should normally arrive within 2 days but, having checked tracking today, not all have arrived.

If anyone has been affected, please contact us with your order number and we will offer a good will refund of £5.00 for the inconvenience. Anyone else placing an order will receive next day delivery free of charge.

Sorry guys. We try hard to get things right. Very occasionally we don't and I'm sorry if it's affected any plans to use the pedal at gigs and/or rehearsals. We know how exciting it can be waiting for a new bit of kit to arrive. Hopefully the wait will be worthwhile as the B3 is a great pedal.

Thanks for your understanding.

Richard

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1329333236' post='1540893']
If it makes you feel any better, I also ordered on Sunday and am still waiting as well! The last pedal I bought that got sent via Royal Fail took 2 weeks to arrive...
[/quote]Don't worry, they were sent by courier. We can check tracking information for your order if you contact us with your order number.