Why become a member? ×

New Zoom B3

dannybuoy

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1327401370' post='1510477']
I've used the fuzz face sim which is the only fuzz sim on the B2.1u. I think it sounds good with some clean blended back in.
[/quote]

Cheers Mike, but it's the "Gated Fuzz" type thing that the Ultra Fuzz thing does that I'm keen on trying you see.
Just interesting that they discountinued it and have omitted it from their multi effects...

Eude

Cheers guys.
I'm just interested in trying one out, but like Mike says, there's others out there.
For what I've heard the Ultra Fuzz did some really nice BIG smooth fuzz sounds, which were almost synth-like, but I guess the B3 has plenty of synth effects going on, so I'm sure I'll find something in there :)

Any news on when you can buy these in the UK?
Holding out so I can get one with a proper plug...

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1327405253' post='1510554']
Cheers guys.
I'm just interested in trying one out, but like Mike says, there's others out there.
For what I've heard the Ultra Fuzz did some really nice BIG smooth fuzz sounds, which were almost synth-like, but I guess the B3 has plenty of synth effects going on, so I'm sure I'll find something in there :)

Any news on when you can buy these in the UK?
Holding out so I can get one with a proper plug...

Eude
[/quote]

I had the Ultra Fuzz for years and it was the best fuzz I had ever used on bass, but when I tried the SFX Micro Fuzz I sold the Zoom straight away :) Check it out, I don't get tired of recommending it. I wish I had a use for it in my current functions band :( It really nails the Death From Above 1979 sound to my ears, which is what I bought it for!

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1327414793' post='1510816']
I had the Ultra Fuzz for years and it was the best fuzz I had ever used on bass, but when I tried the SFX Micro Fuzz I sold the Zoom straight away :) Check it out, I don't get tired of recommending it. I wish I had a use for it in my current functions band :( It really nails the Death From Above 1979 sound to my ears, which is what I bought it for!
[/quote]

Interesting... :)

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1327414793' post='1510816']
[/quote]

Headline reads:
"Function Band Murdered my Creativity"
My son bought me an MXR Big Muff Pi for xmas. can I use it on Amy Winehouse songs?

[quote name='leftyhook' timestamp='1327414941' post='1510820']
Headline reads:
"Function Band Murdered my Creativity"
My son bought me an MXR Big Muff Pi for xmas. can I use it on Amy Winehouse songs?
[/quote]

LOL... well, I have a very creative day job and honestly, I realised I didn't have enough creativity to go around for my job and for writing songs, I was getting burned out... and then playing my band's songs in empty-ish London venues for my friends and friends of the other bands, and people just staring at you like statues as you play, and getting treated like sh*t by promoters, and getting no money for it... Too old for that sh*t.

At least now I:
a ) gig a lot
b ) get paid
c ) can justify spending loads of money on gear coz I actually use it
d ) have more uses for my bass synth than I ever had
e ) make people dance and have fun, so I'm happy

The downside:
f ) have to wear a suit every now and then
g ) haven't got a song to use my fuzz in (but plenty to use distortion in so not too bad)

Go on kids, sell out! You'll enjoy it! :D

Edited by 1976fenderhead

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1327415538' post='1510843']
LOL... well, I have a very creative day job and honestly, I realised I didn't have enough creativity to go around for my job and for writing songs, I was getting burned out... and then playing my band's songs in empty-ish London venues for my friends and friends of the other bands, and people just staring at you like statues as you play, and getting treated like sh*t by promoters, and getting no money for it... Too old for that sh*t.

At least now I:
a ) gig a lot
b ) get paid
c ) can justify spending loads of money on gear coz I actually use it
d ) have more uses for my bass synth than I ever had
e ) make people dance and have fun, so I'm happy

The downside:
f ) have to wear a suit every now and then
g ) haven't got a song to use my fuzz in (but plenty to use distortion in so not too bad)

Go on kids, sell out! You'll enjoy it! :D
[/quote]

Ditto, the only thing I'm not sure about is why it took me so longto realise I have waaay more fun playing other peoples songs to folks who enjoy it than playing my own songs to an indifferent sound engineer and a nasty stain on the floor, oh no wait thats the indifferent sound engineer.

I don't get to do my own stuff live these days at all, it just goes out on compilation albums, but that means I can use all sorts of sounds without worrying about recreating it at some excuse for a venue. Tropical insect based percussion sections are my speciality now, I could never get them to chirp in time live, the stain on the floor never had the right microphones and there would always be some cockroach in the venue trying to get in on the act!

I've just called DV247 and asked if they have a date for starting to sell this, they don't know about it at all... Not looking like it's gonna arrive here quickly. I want to buy it from a UK shop so if I don't like it it's not too expensive to post back...

And this from the FAQ is a bit of a downer for me:

[color=#333333][font=Verdana,]Is it possible to use a foot switch to tap the tempo used for delay times and modulation rates?[/font][/color]
[indent=1]This is not possible using the foot switches on the B3. If you want to tap the tempo for delay times and modulation rates while playing bass guitar, you will need an FS01 foot switch (sold separately).[/indent]

A multi fx with no accessible tap tempo, wtf? And only one exp input means you'd have to choose between wah/whammy/volume and tap tempo...

Edited by 1976fenderhead

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1327420412' post='1510926']
I've just called DV247 and asked if they have a date for starting to sell this, they don't know about it at all... Not looking like it's gonna arrive here quickly. I want to buy it from a UK shop so if I don't like it it's not too expensive to post back...
[/quote]

Cheers for that mate, it's not the shipping back I'm concerned about, it's the possible warranty issues you can sometimes get into if you use a different PSU from the one that ships with it.
I have heard that some amp manufacturers won't honour warranties if you cut the plug off an amp bought from mainland Eurpose and wire it up with a UK one...

I can wait, have a few things I need to sell to justify the expense anyway ;)

Eude

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1327420959' post='1510937']
You could just use a euro-uk adaptor, or use any Boss style psu with it and say you used the adaptor... Wouldn't void anything...
[/quote]

You're not helping ;)

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1327420824' post='1510933']

Cheers for that mate, it's not the shipping back I'm concerned about, it's the possible warranty issues you can sometimes get into if you use a different PSU from the one that ships with it.
I have heard that some amp manufacturers won't honour warranties if you cut the plug off an amp bought from mainland Eurpose and wire it up with a UK one...

I can wait, have a few things I need to sell to justify the expense anyway ;)

Eude
[/quote]

I daisy chain my B2.1u using a diago. Never used the origianl power supply. Its only a 9 volt supply..........

I found my B2 to be really noisy when on a daisy chain with other pedals, but quiet when used with it's own supply. If you experience the same but want the convenience of a single supply you can get a Diago isolation adapter tip or Gigrig Virtual Battery.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1327421849' post='1510952']
I found my B2 to be really noisy when on a daisy chain with other pedals, but quiet when used with it's own supply. If you experience the same but want the convenience of a single supply you can get a Diago isolation adapter tip or Gigrig Virtual Battery.
[/quote]

Never had a problem with noise with it daisy chained

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1327421865' post='1510953']

You're not helping either! :yarr:

Eude
[/quote]

I know!!!

I'm running mine off of USB bus power from my computer, for the more adventurous types out there the B3 could possibly run via a mobile phone charger connected to the USB port!

I'm far from an expert on all things electrical and probably way off the mark so I take no resposibility for damage if you do try it :D

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1327430574' post='1511153']
Well, Thomann say the item is unavailable, or available on request only whatever that means, so that should help you ;)
[/quote]

Finally, thank you ;)

Seriously though, I will be getting one of these soon!
Probably in the next couple of weeks if I can get hold of one.

Eude