Why become a member? ×

New Zoom B3

dannybuoy

Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to inform you that I got a call from Zoom today. The B3's are arriving in the country TODAY! We should have stock tomorrow! We've got them at £149.99 including a free (UK) power supply. Stock is limited. Here's a link:

[url="http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/zoom-b3-bass-guitar-multi-effects-pedal---free-delivery-1833-p.asp"]http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/zoom-b3-bass-guitar-multi-effects-pedal---free-delivery-1833-p.asp[/url]

Cheers!

Richard

Hmmmm ... Seriously tempted. Anybody have experience gigging with the previous versions? I play in covers bands and have managed fine with an overdrive, fuzz and chorus pedal .. for like the last ten years. I was looking at replacing my current pedals and this whole unit is cheaper than each individual pedal I was thinking about. In a live situation do you think it will come close to the real pedals? Having one pedal with different saved settings etc. Would be great for getting your settings nailed each time with no faffing between tunes. Also some of the synth, phase, delay etc. Would be cool to play around with ... The looper could be reallt cool also. Is there a way you can turn off the pre-amp Sims and use just the effects so I can simply use it in my effect loop? Don't really fancy running anything infront of my amp's pre-amp.

[quote name='Dave Tipping' timestamp='1328221562' post='1524157']
Is there a way you can turn off the pre-amp Sims and use just the effects so I can simply use it in my effect loop? Don't really fancy running anything infront of my amp's pre-amp.
[/quote]Yes, the amp sims, if selected, occupy one of the three effects 'slots'. So, you can have one amp sim and two effects running simultaneously or three effects and no amp sims. Or, if you really wanted, three amp sims and no effects - not sure I'd recommend that! There is no differentiation between the amp sims and the effects in terms of selecting them. I hope that helps!

Thanks Richard, that is a really attractive price! Must get finances in order soon!

Also guys, I've ordered from effectpowersupplies before and got a really good customer service experience from them, so they definitely deserve our business :)

Edited because I'm a clumsy typist.

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1328253061' post='1524341']
Also guys, I've ordered from effectpowersupplies before and got a really good customer service experience from them, so they definitely deserve our business :)
[/quote]Thanks for that Chris - we appreciate it. Just to update you all, the B3's arrived first thing this morning and are NOW IN STOCK! Those who have already placed orders should be getting theirs tomorrow. We've still got a few left from the first shipment for anyone else.

I've got a busy day ahead of me but I'll try to grab 5 minutes to put one through its paces. If I do I'll post my thoughts here.

Thanks,

Richard :)

[quote name='aldude' timestamp='1328264174' post='1524516']
Looking forward to it - both the pedal and the initial thoughts :)

Richard, is it too late to change the delivery address: I stupidly gave my work address and of course tomorrow is Saturday :rolleyes:
[/quote]No, just give us a call or send us an e-mail with your order number and the address you want it sent to.

[quote name='fxpedal.co.uk' timestamp='1328268710' post='1524633']
No, just give us a call or send us an e-mail with your order number and the address you want it sent to.
[/quote]

Awesome.... email sent.

I am very much looking forward to breaking this out ... I used to have the B9.1ut and loved the compressor and EQs in particular but it was far too complicated for a peon like me!

OK guys, here's my (very brief) first impressions. This unit is better than it has any right to be at the price point. I haven't spent long with it, but the quality shines through. Obviously I was already familiar with the G3 and many things remain the same. It is refreshingly well tailored for bass and the effects are very usable. There are some very good compressors from subtle to squish. All of the overdrives, distortions and fuzzes have clean blends. And the amp sims sound good. I didn't take any notes so the ones that stand out in my mind as I write this are:

1) The Bass Big Muff: not only is it an accurate reproduction of the original, it also solves the volume issue with the clean blend. Very simply there is a separate parameter for clean level one top of the standard gain and level controls.

2) Sansamp model includes 'mid' frequency to avoid the sometimes too-scooped Sansamp sound. To me ears, though, the Ampeg SVT amp model sounded more 'Ampeggy' than the Sansamp.

3) The Gallien Krueger model sounded great and stood out for me among all the amp models.

4) Clean blended Rat anyone? Sounds very good.

5) Modulations sound good. A good variety of choruses/phasers etc so sure to be one that you'll like

At £150, this is priced almost at 'beginner' level yet one could gig it quite happily. Sure, individual pedals will always win out (I hope so, or we're out of business :P ) but, for the money, this is brilliant. All the features of a Line 6 M9, tailored for bass and priced lower than the Line 6 M5. It's a winner!

[quote name='fxpedal.co.uk' timestamp='1328274742' post='1524751']
OK guys, here's my (very brief) first impressions. This unit is better than it has any right to be at the price point. I haven't spent long with it, but the quality shines through. Obviously I was already familiar with the G3 and many things remain the same. It is refreshingly well tailored for bass and the effects are very usable. There are some very good compressors from subtle to squish. All of the overdrives, distortions and fuzzes have clean blends. And the amp sims sound good. I didn't take any notes so the ones that stand out in my mind as I write this are:

1) The Bass Big Muff: not only is it an accurate reproduction of the original, it also solves the volume issue with the clean blend. Very simply there is a separate parameter for clean level one top of the standard gain and level controls.

2) Sansamp model includes 'mid' frequency to avoid the sometimes too-scooped Sansamp sound. To me ears, though, the Ampeg SVT amp model sounded more 'Ampeggy' than the Sansamp.

3) The Gallien Krueger model sounded great and stood out for me among all the amp models.

5) Modulations sound good. A good variety of choruses/phasers etc so sure to be one that you'll like

At £150, this is priced almost at 'beginner' level yet one could gig it quite happily. Sure, individual pedals will always win out (I hope so, or we're out of business :P ) but, for the money, this is brilliant. All the features of a Line 6 M9, tailored for bass and priced lower than the Line 6 M5. It's a winner!
[/quote]

I'm pleased I put in the order yesterday then, might try it at tomorrow nights gig if I'm feeling brave

[quote name='fxpedal.co.uk' timestamp='1328274742' post='1524751']

[/quote]

Thanks for that. Did you have a play with the synths? How's the tracking?