Why become a member? ×

Jools Holland gig .....

sifi2112

I've emailed about a half a dozen times to his management team (you can't send CDs) with an array of attention-grabbing titles (eg, Top-rated UK voodoo swamp blues band with zombie clowns, what's not to like?). Heard nada back. I suspect you neeed promoters behind you to do some palm-greasing :)

Jools never used to do the selection, it used to be Mark Cooper. Don't know if it still is - watch the credits and get the names of the producer, exec producer and any researchers you can and plug them. An artist I once worked with manged to get Jools to get him on as a favour as they were big buddies. We at the record company then got a real ear bashing from Cooper saying it wasn't up to Jools who went on the show!! And no, the record companies didn't pay back then although there are sometimes deals where the record companies will pay the session musician fees, but don't think this is the case with Jools.

JH has got "producer" credits these days but he never used to pick the artists and probably still doesn't.

They did an "unsigned" spot a few years ago, but I haven't seen that for awhile.

Looks like you've got to be a touring US act then you'll get on with no trouble.

I've noticed many of the singing acts that get on Strictly are represented by the same publicity agent. Caro Emerald...don't make me laugh!

And Radio 2 did exclusive programme deal withUniversal band U2, only for Lesley Douglas the controller to swan off to a job with them.

So I have no doubt it's all corrupt!

[quote name='zero9' timestamp='1320325825' post='1425315']
It might be easier to get your band on 'come dine with me...' (other shows are also available).

;-)

Wil
[/quote]
[quote name='crez5150' timestamp='1320325993' post='1425319']

This.... and Don't tell the Bride.... ;o)
[/quote]

Or James May's Man Lab - anyone see "Love Fungus"? They were way too tight for a band that claimed they hadn't played together for 10 years.

I'm guessing that the record company/management or whoever probably pays a substantial amount to get on the show. That's how it works a lot of the time,even with major support tours and festivals,so I can't see a high profile show like that being much different.