Why become a member? ×

Ric 4003 fireglo vs jetglo ??

aidanhallbass

Or Monteczuma Brown ... also known as ShitGlo.

Slightly more serious, though, JetGlo has a little-known feature: When you put a JetGlo Ric under U/V light it becomes a radiant blue colour.

Very attractive, but slightly disconcerting if you're not expecting it.

I bought a jetglo as it was the one I thought best out of the common finishes. I ideally wanted a white one (well actually a Chris Squire sig model but my financial common sense wouldn't allow it :) ). Come to think of it is there a proper name for white in ricspeak? Love it if it was 'albinoglo'.

[quote name='bassmachine2112' timestamp='1319643397' post='1416826']
Jetglo all day,like a L.B.D goes with everything and suitable for any occasion.
White ones with black accesories are known as Tuxedo like James Bond I suppose,he,s had every gadget known to mankind but I,ve never seen him play a Rick maybe due to the Rick being cooler than himself.
[/quote]

The Tuxedo was a very limited run - it also had a white (or very pale) fingerboard with dot markers. There was a standard white Rick as well though, wish they still did it as it's a fantastic look.
I went for Mapleglo myself, simply because it was the one on sale at the time. However out of the standard colours it is probably my favourite. Fireglo is amazing but sometimes has the tendency to be a bit pink. Jetglo is the classic Rick look but very popular.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1319714251' post='1417555']
You know, I'm sure i've seen a light blue burst ricky before but I can't find pics!
[/quote]

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RICKENBACKER-4003-BASS-2007-LIMITED-EDITION-BLUEBURST-GORGEOUS-CONDITION-/270842049952?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f0f71b5a0"]Here's[/url] a few more pics. (Not my auction)