Why become a member? ×

Could You Be the Worst Looking Bass in the World

4 Strings

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1320158808' post='1423087']

Hope your a lefty then :) also looks like it's only got two strings
[/quote]
I'm sure they could rustle up a right hander.....but the 2 strings is no problem - just give me an E and an A and I can play most of my set :)

[quote name='Jondeeman' timestamp='1318364401' post='1401273']

God gave me five digits on each hand and five toes on each foot. Lower mammals are less sophisticated... same's true of my bass. :)

Still a butt ugly Warwick though.
[/quote]

Hate to be pedantic but you only have four fingers and a thumb, and I dont know if you have a different technique from the rest of us but my thumb is busy elswhere.... a bass with more than four strings is a GUITAR.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lysdexia' timestamp='1318462819' post='1402628']

Plank with bits, project underway, it looks minging, can't be arsed finishing it - every part of it displeases my eye.

Hideous.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. Warwick put up about ten designs for a singlecut on their forum, some were truly gorgeous. They asked for the public to vote on which one went into production. They chose that one, by quite a margin. It was the ugliest lumpen mess, and it proves the general public have no taste at all and need to be force-fed good style. I remain convinced it was chosen because it follows the Fodera blueprint. f***ing sheep.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1321462000' post='1439460']
I couldn't agree more. Warwick put up about ten designs for a singlecut on their forum, some were truly gorgeous. They asked for the public to vote on which one went into production. They chose that one, by quite a margin. It was the ugliest lumpen mess, and it proves the general public have no taste at all and need to be force-fed good style. I remain convinced it was chosen because it follows the Fodera blueprint. f***ing sheep.
[/quote]

I never saw the others :)

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1321532806' post='1440210']
They've taken the images down but here are a couple .. I think the blonde one is gorgeous

[/quote]

Oh my, a singlecut that i would actually play. That Blonde one does look pretty tasty to me, and the 6 string further up is just f*cking hideous.

Liam

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1318346585' post='1400934']

I agree they feel and sound awful, but the 4001 looks gorgeous - not in sunburst of course (twatglo I think it's called), but the white ones and the black ones look ace. I would buy one to hang on the wall if it was cheap. But they are stupidly expensive and not that well made. [/quote]
Yeah, I'm selling both of mine and buying a chrome Warwick instead.....(sadly at work I can't put a wink after this).

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1321533527' post='1440221']
Oh my, a singlecut that i would actually play. That Blonde one does look pretty tasty to me, and the 6 string further up is just f*cking hideous.

Liam
[/quote]

Why ANYONE would choose that spastic sperm whale design over those two beuaties is completely beyond me.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1321538713' post='1440331']
Thanks for posting those Nigel. Looks beautiful but i do wonder how comfortable It would be, the bottom half of that bass is so small in comparison to the top.
[/quote]

Yeah, I don't know how they would balance sat down, but I imagine they would be perfect on a strap.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1321532806' post='1440210']
They've taken the images down but here are a couple .. I think the blonde one is gorgeous

[/quote]
For a Warwick that's pretty good looking. Just wish they would realise that the horrible paddle headstock doesn't go with every body design (and that's not a cue to use the even more inappropriate "Buzzard" head).

[attachment=93328:tn1_28919.jpg]

Here is my lot, the Dean Demonator. Nice....

And to think, i even bought one of these in black!!!! what the hell was i thinking!! Ahh to be young and in a heavy metal band lol.

Winner for me so far is either the Warwick Dolphin, the Warwick U2 pile of crap ass bass, the Warwick single cut....hang on there is a theme going on here. Also that Danelectro, those give me rage in ways i cannot explain.