Why become a member? ×

Guess this bass...

bubinga5

i saw this bass many years ago, when i starting out on the bass, in a book by Richard Bacon..It was called "What Bass"....i was blown away by it.. still like it big time.. awsome looking instrument and VERY expensive now as there very rare... this is prob my dream bass.. and no i havent played one but from good sources ive been told there awsome...

can you guess what it is yet?? sorry there small pics.. anyone make em bigger

Edited by bubinga5

For some reason the fretboard inlays make me want to say Yamaha (they kinda look a bit like the John Pattituci ones from a distance) so could it be one of the first TRBs or a prototype? That does seem a bit common though, so I guess it's more likely to be an Alembic or something!

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1318061730' post='1397656']
I thought PRS too, but it really doesn't seem like their style (and did they ever make basses?).
[/quote]
[url="http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/products/Paul-Reed-Smith-CE-Bass-Sunburst-1991.html"]http://www.chicagomusicexchange.com/products/Paul-Reed-Smith-CE-Bass-Sunburst-1991.html[/url]

Indeed they did, in fact they still do the odd custom build I think. I don't think they really 'got' the bass market the same way they found their way with guitars, but some people on the forum swear by them.