Why become a member? ×

New Basschat Features

ped

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1316437503' post='1377951']
Wah I can keep up with all the emails. :)

(not complaining just saying like)
[/quote]

Check your settings - ALL of mine had defaulted to on so I was getting emails for stuff I had never been notified about before. Changed some account settings and it's all as it was again now.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1316437777' post='1377962']

Check your settings - ALL of mine had defaulted to on so I was getting emails for stuff I had never been notified about before. Changed some account settings and it's all as it was again now.
[/quote]
Cheers bud. I seem to be getting the right notifications (give or take), it's just that I get a new email everytime someone posts something - whereas before it was one email per section of the forum that you could just scroll through.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1316442996' post='1378039']

I never knew you could title them! - I've always used the HTML code. Was I missing something horridly obvious!?
[/quote]
sure- set up any link, then it would default with 'visit my website' which you could change to anything you wanted - cant find it on the new format tho'

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' timestamp='1316440263' post='1378002']
Ok Ped & Co. all is well and good with the upgrade but since yesterday morning operations are really slow, and I am on Virgin 50meg optical broadband here, every other site or forum runs smooth but here things have become mighty slow. Any idea? Opening a thread or post takes ages.
[/quote]

Likewise on all points.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1316447511' post='1378108']
Current speed issues are totally unrelated to your bandwidth. The server is being hammered at the moment converting and moving old threads/PMs/attachments etc so once that's done - it should be faster.
[/quote]
cool - !

OK I have just prepared a fat list of little but important jobs, so hope to have some news soon. One thing is that our server is getting close to capacity - the next size up is quite a bit jump financially and I'm not sure I can afford it after I have paid for the upgrade work. However, Ben has played around with the settings and is making some performance tweaks so that should improve for a while at least.

ped