Why become a member? ×

Front Women / Front Men

janmaat

[quote name='Sonic_Groove' post='1374316' date='Sep 15 2011, 12:35 PM']Wow I didn't realise you played for Sheema Mukherjee. She is great nice gig mate :)

Brendan[/quote]
She's a fabulous world class musician and a very very dear friend. I'm deeply honoured to play music with her.

How do you know her mate?

Cheers,
N

ok this is Karen of Thinking For Tuesday

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/thinkingfortuesday/5960521420/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/thinkingfortuesday/5960521420/ [/url]

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/thinkingfortuesday/5993061095/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/thinkingfortuesday/5993061095/[/url]

Won't let me embed an image from Flickr for some reason.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='1374395' date='Sep 15 2011, 01:17 PM']Does somebody want to explain why you all seem to be fronted by hot women and all I get to look at is a short, baldy bloke?? :)[/quote]
Conventional standards of attractiveness don't apply if your front person can perform and hold the audience's attention.

Before Mr Venom the best front man I worked with looked like the worst kind of thug. Squat, bald and very unattractive looking. However stick a microphone in his hand and put a decent band behind him and he was a charismatic and tuneful singer who knew exactly how to work an audience. Since then I have always reserved judgement on the front person's suitability for the job until I've seen them perform in front of an audience.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1374413' date='Sep 15 2011, 01:29 PM']Conventional standards of attractiveness don't apply if your front person can perform and hold the audience's attention.

Before Mr Venom the best front man I worked with looked like the worst kind of thug. Squat, bald and very unattractive looking. However stick a microphone in his hand and put a decent band behind him and he was a charismatic and tuneful singer who knew exactly how to work an audience. Since then I have always reserved judgement on the front person's suitability for the job until I've seen them perform in front of an audience.[/quote]

I agree.... actually I once did play in a band fronted by a very hot woman but I ended up getting sacked for being the Shrek look-a-like. So, you have to be careful :)

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='1374395' date='Sep 15 2011, 02:17 PM']Does somebody want to explain why you all seem to be fronted by hot women and all I get to look at is a short, baldy bloke?? :)[/quote]
Do you mean that you would prefer to be fronted by a HOT short, baldy bloke..?
Or is it the short, baldy WOMEN that are missing in your world..?
Strange days... :)

[quote name='fatboyslimfast' post='1374224' date='Sep 15 2011, 11:29 AM']Ah, the Hitchers. Must get around to coming to one of your gigs at some point - I was a good mate of Kes' for ages, and bumped into him again recently after about 10 years![/quote]

We're not in Brizzle for a while unfortunatley - 9th & 10th of December are the next ones. We're in Bridport tomorrow night though if you fancy a wee drive! Kes is a total star - I've only been in this band for 2 months and I've already seen stuff that would turn you grey. We did 5 gigs in 3 days over the August bank holiday, amazingly all of us survived although Kes and I have no memory of the gig on the Sunday night.

[quote name='TheRev' post='1374451' date='Sep 15 2011, 02:05 PM']We're not in Brizzle for a while unfortunatley - 9th & 10th of December are the next ones. We're in Bridport tomorrow night though if you fancy a wee drive! Kes is a total star - I've only been in this band for 2 months and I've already seen stuff that would turn you grey. We did 5 gigs in 3 days over the August bank holiday, amazingly all of us survived although Kes and I have no memory of the gig on the Sunday night.[/quote]
Your band look like immense fun in those photos :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1373944' date='Sep 15 2011, 12:06 AM']Sheema[/quote]

I don't suppose you've had anything to do with Transglobal Underground, have you?

No reason for asking other than curiosity, as I understand that Sheema used to - or maybe still does - play sitar as part of that outfit.

[quote name='Earbrass' post='1374288' date='Sep 15 2011, 12:16 PM']She's not exactly a "front-person", but I rather like [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dorstetguidedwalks/3914449721/"]this[/url] photo which features Jacky, the lead musician in the morris side I play for, though it was taken some time before I joined.[/quote]

Wow! Morris, but not as we know it. :)

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='1374418' date='Sep 15 2011, 01:34 PM']I agree.... actually I once did play in a band fronted by a very hot woman but I ended up getting sacked for being the Shrek look-a-like. So, you have to be careful :)[/quote]
I've found from experience that you can get away with ugly so long as you're not dull (but also you don't upstage the front person).