Why become a member? ×

When Norman Watt-Roy needs a dep... who does he call?

wateroftyne

[quote name='4-string-thing' post='1335205' date='Aug 10 2011, 03:48 PM']Adams probably too busy spending his pay cheque from headlining at Glastonbury....[/quote]

I'd hazard a guess that he's probably spent it on more basses so he can change mid-song to something else which looks totally different but sounds identical!

Guy Pratt is no mug bass player, IMO. Would quite easily put the main man bass player away in this regard.

On another note, the Blockheads have a bit of a reputation for depping the gig so it isn't the chair that people might what to think it is..????

[quote name='JTUK' post='1335460' date='Aug 10 2011, 06:45 PM']Guy Pratt is no mug bass player, IMO. Would quite easily put the main man bass player away in this regard.

On another note, the Blockheads have a bit of a reputation for depping the gig so it isn't the chair that people might what to think it is..????[/quote]
sorry? not with you :)

[quote name='witterth' post='1335718' date='Aug 10 2011, 09:17 PM']sorry? not with you :)[/quote]

I'm saying Guy Pratt is the better player and some friends of mine were disappointed when they went to see the Blockheads that the gigged was deppped to a degree. Maybe I should point out that this may be their heresay, though.

[quote name='witterth' post='1335168' date='Aug 10 2011, 03:26 PM']There has been bit of "Guy Pratt bashing" on here in the past, but I like him. does that make me a bad person?
(crez?)[/quote]

Indeed... In my experience he lives up to his name!

I'd have thought Norm could have gotten someone with a bit more groove to be honest.

[quote name='crez5150' post='1337367' date='Aug 12 2011, 10:55 AM']Indeed... In my experience he lives up to his name!

I'd have thought Norm could have gotten someone with a bit more groove to be honest.[/quote]

Maybe he could have done..but I think the Blockheads might bask in the name of Guy Pratt doing their gig.
If you are wanting to throw cache about, then Guy Pratt wins, I'd say.

I like them both as players but I would think that Pratt's CV is out of the Blockheads league, tbh.

[quote name='crez5150' post='1337392' date='Aug 12 2011, 11:08 AM']I wonder why Norm can't do the gig?[/quote]

He'll be playing with Wilko at the [url="http://www.ents24.com/web/artist/76334/Wilko_Johnson.html"]Summer Sundae weekender[/url] I would think.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1337390' date='Aug 12 2011, 11:08 AM']I like Guy, as a storyteller and a bass player.

FWFW, here's what he said:

He knows they're big shoes to fill.[/quote]

I think he is being modest though..and comes across well and likeable in interviews I've seen so that is a nice thing to say..

Got to be honest, last few vids I've seen of the Blockheads look like a few steps up from your London jobbing boys pub band.
It was pretty rough considering the awe they are held in.

Don't get me wrong.....loved New boots and Panties.
...Just sayin'

Guy Pratt would like to say thanks to all the people who've posted nice positive things about him here..As for the bashers, he's rather puzzled as to what he's ever done to them? Perhaps if they could give examples of his most heinous crimes so he could at least respond?

[quote name='douggie' post='1339274' date='Aug 14 2011, 03:25 AM']Guy Pratt would like to say thanks to all the people who've posted nice positive things about him here..As for the bashers, he's rather puzzled as to what he's ever done to them? Perhaps if they could give examples of his most heinous crimes so he could at least respond?[/quote]

They love you really Guy.

Oooooh, you get to play 'Hit me with your rhythm stick' how exciting!