Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.5, Surrey, Saturday 24th September 2011

silverfoxnik

Have to send my apologies for not making it along today despite having my name down - it seemed as if something pressing had come up at the last minute last night but it turns out it wasn't as urgent as I'd thought and I'm now sat at home twiddling my thumbs. Huzzah. Hope you're all having a great bash!

Just got back from the SE Bass Bash - just have to say that we had a great time and how good it was to put faces to Usernames..Many thanks to all those involved in putting together this event and congratulations on such a fine get together..we'll be back again next year...

Another note of thanks to all involved in the Bass Day. I only made the last couple of hours but it was good to meet several of you and have a jam. I enjoyed the workshops by Jake, Bass Ace and McGraham too.......plenty of stuff to work on.....where do I start? Roll on the next one......I'll try and do a better job of saving the date!

Posted this in "Off topic" but thought I'd put it here too.......

Another great day, good to see the usual suspects again and good to meet some new ones! Some great kit on show again, Bassmanady, nice Spector mate! Well done to the guys who organised it, big shout to Nik, Hamster, Mrs Hamster, Merton (Status still for sale, get in quick, Walman (Al) was playing it for a long time!)I hope Alex has bought a lottery ticket after his multiple raffle wins!
The lectures I attended were great again, 51m0n on recording was interesting and amusing as usual, last year the catchphrase was "one knob" this year is "it's all a lie"!! Classic stuff again!
Jakesbass gave mini lessons to a few of us with others looking on and passed on some great advice and is one hot player too! Got some homework to do I think.
My mate Lee came along with his Kingbasses and seemed to have a ball, he's a great slapper and has a couple of cracking basses that deserved and got a lot of attention, hopefully he'll be joining the forum soon.
It was all over too quickly as usual so here's looking forward to the next one, looking forward to seeing some pics as I didn't take any in the rushing around from room to room to look and listen to stuff!
Again, great to meet everyone, safe journey home to you all, see you again!

Finally landed at Hamster towers after a long but enjoyable day! I am now partially refuelled with Chicken Madras and Old Rosie Cider! :)

Great to meet friends and meet some new faces. I now have some very bad gas after fondling soooo many sexy basses! Great workshops/talks and very positive feedback from everyone I spoke with.

Thanks to Nik's much better half Loraine (who has beautiful eyes and a smile that lights up a room) for helping Mrs Hamster with the refreshments.

Very good to see our good friend OBBM (Dave) up and about again!

The raffle was fun - even if it was a bit long winded with many people winning several times but graciously putting their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th winning tickets to one side!!

[u]Preliminary[/u] scores on the doors (as I haven't been invoiced for the hire of the school yet)

On the door: £385 (£400) - I know who owes me £5, but who signed in but didn't pay!? :)

Raffle: £152 - Many thanks for the generous donations - the table looked pretty good!

Refreshments: £61

Total: £598 (£613)

As soon as I get invoiced for and pay for the school hire, I'll split the remainder 50/50 between our adopted charities. [u]Every penny[/u] of profit is given to charity.

Anyone is welcome to come to Hamster towers to check through the accounts/figures/receipts - but bring a nice bass and a packet of Jaffa cakes!

Hi Folks

Just got home and now have a drink in my hand to unwind, so all good... :)

So.. where to start other than to say thank you to everyone for coming and making it such a great day; those from Nottingham, Birmingham, East Anglia - wow!! Special mentions for 51m0n, jakesbass, bassace, mcgraham & TomKent for doing their brilliant, brilliant workshops.. :) Mark & Tom were very patient as things ran way over time, so thanks guys for being so understanding!

Big thanks also to Hamster & Mrs Hamster for sorting out all the food & drinks and to Merton for sorting out the Raffle - both of which have contributed to the funds raised for good causes (see Colin's update above)..

The was so much good stuff happening all day that it's difficult to cite any one thing in particular as standing out, but i must just say that the vibe in the Jam Room this year was extra special.. Paul The Drums, silddx & Stingray 5 were brilliant and especially when they got seashell (Shelly) involved in the jam!

Gear wise, loads to see and admire, but mcgraham's Wood & Tronics 5 was just awesome, as was Alex's Barefaced 2x12 - very GAS-worthy indeed!...anyway, more on that later.

Lots of photos to look at and upload, many taken by Loraine (Mrs Silverfoxnik) and thanks to her for taking them and thanks also to everyone there who made her feel so welcome!

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

Just home to Nottingham. Long day. Longer day for Mark who was driving :)

Great to put so many faces outside of Nottingham to names. Was well worth the trip. Awesome to put faces to Hamster & Sibob after so much chat in the mod area. I'd say the same abou ped, but his ugly mug is all over the forum already :)

Enjoyed all the talks. Glad 51m0n didn't ask for my take on recording bass amps in phase as that would of gone so off topic! Some lovely basses I had chance to tinker with... Thankfully nothing I'm left with GAS for. Left me with a lust to sort out my current cab setup.

Most frustrating was how good Sibobs Dubstep set up sounds with 4 pedals, when I go out gigging this stuff with a pedalboard over 6ft wide! I'm doing something wrong lol

Thanks to everyone involved in setting the day up. Roll on the next one.

Shep

Just got back. Great day, but where did the time go?

As has already been said, it was immense to meet so many BCers in person. Nik, Colin, Tom, it was a pleasure to meet and chat with you gents - I look forward to the next bash we catch each other at which I hope I might have the opportunity to buy you a beverage of your choice! Nik, if you are thinking about a Wood&tronics at any point or want to explore things further feel free to give me a shout.

Anyone who attended the technique workshop who has questions about anything I might've said/not covered feel free to message me - I'm happy to field queries and the like.

Roll on the next bash!

Just got home myself after a stop in Richmond to visit my son. A great fun day, lots of nice basses and rigs on display, I particularly liked those Mark King ones with the xmas lights on the fretboard in the far right corner :)

Nice to meet some of the fellow addicts, Siddx, Hamster, Ped, OBBM, Bassmanandy, bassface and the others.

But... what happened to the no - slap zone prohibition, huh? [b]tut tut![/b]

It got so bad at the end, that ... I couldn't get my gear back in the car fast enough... :)

Nevertheless, cool day.