Why become a member? ×

Reggae bass lesson

Ou7shined

[quote name='SteveK' post='1293551' date='Jul 5 2011, 04:13 PM']Seems to me, Ryan Larson is to music, what [url="http://www.derekpyephotography.com/index.php"]Derek Pye[/url] is to photography. Check out "Derek's Photos" :)[/quote]

Magnificent!!

I shall pass it on to my daughter who is due to get married next year.

( Hang on - that makes me the "brides father".
Doesn't that involve hideous expense and/or 2nd mortgages? :) :lol: )

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='1293562' date='Jul 5 2011, 04:21 PM']Magnificent!!

I shall pass it on to my daughter who is due to get married next year.

( Hang on - that makes me the "brides father".
Doesn't that involve hideous expense and/or 2nd mortgages? :) :) )[/quote]I assume that you will be making use of Derek's services. I would normally invoice Derek for 25% (my standard agents fee), but as we're all mates here on BC, and to save on paperwork, you could send the commission directly to me (PM me for details of my offshore bank account) This will, of course, benefit you, as I am prepared to reduce my commission to 20% (saving you 5%). A win, win situation for all. :lol:

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1293507' date='Jul 5 2011, 03:36 PM']I think that level of sardonic ineptitude would be hard to fake.[/quote]

Oh c'mon, mate, if those videos appeared as part of a Jack Dee special we'd all be banging on about comedy genius.

Of course it's supposed to be a piss-take ... it's just that loads of Brits still go with the stereotype about how the Yanks can't do irony and can't do po-faced and basically aren't as funny as us Brits. :)

[quote name='SteveK' post='1293551' date='Jul 5 2011, 04:13 PM']Seems to me, Ryan Larson is to music, what [url="http://www.derekpyephotography.com/index.php"]Derek Pye[/url] is to photography. Check out "Derek's Photos" :)[/quote]

My god, people pay money for those shots?

Did anyone see the "Happy bridesmaid" shot. Please tell me that was a set up. I know most weddings have a "larger" bridesmaid but no, this shot was just wrong.

EDIT: No, thats a joke website isnt it? Im mean, those shots are just "funnies", not actually taken for weddings. They cant be.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='SteveK' post='1293581' date='Jul 5 2011, 04:43 PM']I assume that you will be making use of Derek's services. I would normally invoice Derek for 25% (my standard agents fee), but as we're all mates here on BC, and to save on paperwork, you could send the commission directly to me (PM me for details of my offshore bank account) This will, of course, benefit you, as I am prepared to reduce my commission to 20% (saving you 5%). A win, win situation for all. :D[/quote]

You're too kind!!

Leastways I [i][b]think[/b][/i] you are!! :) :)

Let me get back to you..................... :lol:

(Note to self: Count fingers before logging off.)

Or to music what William McGonagall was to poetry:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRKxzL1plKk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRKxzL1plKk[/url]

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1293595' date='Jul 5 2011, 04:52 PM']Oh c'mon, mate, if those videos appeared as part of a Jack Dee special we'd all be banging on about comedy genius.

Of course it's supposed to be a piss-take ... it's just that loads of Brits still go with the stereotype about how the Yanks can't do irony and can't do po-faced and basically aren't as funny as us Brits. :)[/quote]

Trouble is that there are so many videos almost the same on Expert Village which AREN'T a joke. I suppose that's why it's funny.

I am inclined to think he is possibly a somewhere on the autism scale or something, or possibly doing the best Ricky Gervais type thing ever, which is what i hope it is because he's a genius at it.

Some of the comments on the YT vids beggar belief. One thought it can't possibly be a spoof because he didn't wink at the camera at the end. There is no end to stupidity in YT comments is there.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1293607' date='Jul 5 2011, 05:04 PM']My god, people pay money for those shots?

Did anyone see the "Happy bridesmaid" shot. Please tell me that was a set up. I know most weddings have a "larger" bridesmaid but no, this shot was just wrong.

EDIT: No, thats a joke website isnt it? Im mean, those shots are just "funnies", not actually taken for weddings. They cant be.[/quote]

Judging by the Fred & Rose West snapshot in the slideshow, I'd bloody hope so...