Why become a member? ×

covers bands

witterth

We've been doing "gimme some lovin" Spencer davis, thing,for about 6 months so its about time for a change.
we start with a whole band "rall" thing to build things up, then into the tune you get me?
well, we need a new "ear candy" tune for an opener and was hoping some of you chaps could come up with suggestions/ideas
we have a girl singer btw but she can sing almost anything (in case thats relevant)

Ihtahngqueww :)

We start with an easy listener that serves also as a band mix/soundcheck.

Typically, Come together or Leaders of the Free world...maybe Grounds for divorce.

We always mix up the sets and no song is an automatic inclusion...although we have probably encored Fooled again everytime.

[quote name='Cyrene' post='1231788' date='May 15 2011, 11:24 AM']White Room -- Cream
I Can't Turn You Loose -- Blues Brothers/Otis etc.
Tell the Truth -- Clapton/Otis
Travelling Riverside Blues - Zep
Rehab - Amy Winehouse
Superstition -- Stevie Wonder
?[/quote]
Superstition is in the running and has been suggested, good call C

[quote name='JTUK' post='1231784' date='May 15 2011, 11:21 AM']We start with an easy listener that serves also as a band mix/soundcheck.[/quote]

+1

We use the same opener at every gig (Down At The Doctors by Dr. Feelgood), and have done for two years. By the end of that song, we'll all have sorted out - broadly! - any sound issues.

The only drawback is that all four of us sing but on that track it's just two of us ... ideally we would be using a track which gives all four of us a chance to hear our own vocals.

Superstition is a great song, but I wouldn't want to use it as a soundcheck!

Band #1 have used 'Rocks' as well for about the last year - just about to change to 'I Fought The Law'.
Band #2, heavier covers - we always start with 'We Belong To The Night' by UFO (who used to open with it for a while).

was thinking (to my shame) Livin' on a prayer, bon jovi as it has that spooky opening chord and then big tune.....but ......bon jovi......phwwwuuhh! know what I mean?
come on guys, otherwise Mani lives up the road from me so no tabs required.

At the last gig, the singer launched into an a cappella -- unmentioned and unrehearsed -- version of Living On A Prayer as a first set closer.

He's talented enough to get away with that kind of thing. The crowd soon took over the choruses -- and it was amazing.

Sorry, I'm heading off the point ...

Cheers

Mark

Over time, we have opened with the following.....

We will rock you, ...the fast live version found on Queen- Live killers
Use somebody
Cigarettes and alcohol
Teenage kicks
Cum on feel the noize
Learn to fly

Every wee while we like to change it, just to freshen things up.
Also depends on the gig as well obvioulsy.