Why become a member? ×

3 USA fenders at soundcontrol for £699 each

kevbass

Hello all, I was in soundcontrol in Oxford street today and was having a look around and noticed how the stock of basses there has really depleted, but upon looking at some the small stock they did have, there was a USA S1 switch jazz, sunburst with a maple board, a black USA fender jazz with S1 switch again with a maple board and a USA precision, a dolphin grey also with a maple board and they were on sale at £699 each, not a bad price for a USA fender from soundcontrol is it?
Unfortunately I didnt have the time to sit and play any of them but I thought I'd post a heads up incase anyone was after a USA fender at a good price

[quote name='kevbass' post='139612' date='Feb 13 2008, 04:14 PM']Hello all, I was in soundcontrol in Oxford street today and was having a look around and noticed how the stock of basses there has really depleted, but upon looking at some the small stock they did have, there was a USA S1 switch jazz, sunburst with a maple board, a black USA fender jazz with S1 switch again with a maple board and a USA precision, a dolphin grey also with a maple board and they were on sale at £699 each, not a bad price for a USA fender from soundcontrol is it?
Unfortunately I didnt have the time to sit and play any of them but I thought I'd post a heads up incase anyone was after a USA fender at a good price[/quote]

there's another thread on here about fender discontinuing the s-1. I think that might explain the price.

[quote name='bassbloke' post='139626' date='Feb 13 2008, 04:21 PM']They are American Standard series and I believe they are cheap because they have been sitting around in Sound Control since the great flood.[/quote]

MB1. :)
The basses or the staff? :huh:

[quote name='Adee' post='139667' date='Feb 13 2008, 04:50 PM']Got my brand new Fender USA S1 P-Bass in Milton Keynes Sound Control for £499 what a [color="#FF0000"]Fupping [/color]BARGAIN !
Its the Butterscotch Blonde, Black plate with Maple board I love it ![/quote]
Someone's been watching Father Ted.

[quote name='Stag' post='139739' date='Feb 13 2008, 06:07 PM']Hmmm, I have a lump of cash coming soon which I was hoping to get a second hand EB-0 or EB-3 with but they appear to be as rare as rocking horse sh*te. Perhaps a nice new USA P-Bass for £499 will soften my GAS...

:huh:[/quote]

No! Get the Gibson, then send me pictures! I want one, and I'm sick of seeing Fenders! I'm hoping my next bass'll be an Epi EB3 that I can mod up :)

• 1 month later...

I've just bought the one of the Jazz basses with the S1 switching - i got it for £629 - not a bad price at all for a USA bass and fender hardcase! Chuffed to bits - might replace the pick guard with a tortoise shell one though, not sure about the white....

Sound Control bought up the last batch of S1 American Jazzes & P's. They're selling them off at £699 (about £150-£200 off list) because the new 2008 American Standard series is going down a storm.

I got one of the last S1 Jazz basses in Feb at that price & it seems to be a hybrid between the old and new. Mine has the rolled fingerboard edges & hipshot tuners. The last few MIA jazzes I tried before I found mine had what I call the "half finished" neck without the rolled edges.

Concensus over on talkbass seems to be that the new 2008 Precision without the S1 is excellent (seems S1 never did the P-bass any favours), but that the S1 jazz has better output than the new 2008 jazz, although this could vary from bass to bass, of course!

Now I want a 2008 American Standard Precision in 3TS with amaple board. Yum! (Never wanted a Precision before!)

There's no way on earth I'd pay 700 notes for a Jazz while there's an [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16935"]Overwater on fleaBay with a BIN at 200 less[/url]...

PS it's NOT my Overwater, but if I had a spare 500 sovs it bloody well would be :)