Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1965

Hi All,

Up for sale is my 1965 Sunburst P Bass, L plate serial number. 100% original with original case.

This one is more a player than a collector's piece and has a well worn in neck, a few dings and dongs, some tarnishing to the chrome and some wear to the body finish just above the neck pocket (see pic).

She is still in great overall condition though and sounds fantastic - retaining a huge P bass growl.

All the best, Si

Edited by 353203

[quote name='353203' post='1202637' date='Apr 17 2011, 02:34 PM']Asking price is £3,500.[/quote]

Which is about £1500-2000 shy of what even the US dealers are asking for similar instruments. Hell of a deal Si, good luck

Chris

[quote name='353203' post='1203335' date='Apr 18 2011, 10:24 AM']Thanks Steve - you can never have too many P basses :)

Did you find your Burgundyglo Ric ?

Cheers, Si[/quote]

Hi mate - no I didnt get hold of one. I did try a few really nice vintage Ricks and none of them really hit the sweet spot for me in regards to the neck... so I ended up buying a brand new 2011 4003 in Jetglo, which is one hell of a player. As luck would have it, there is now a lovely looking burgundy one on here for sale... fate? :)

[size=1][i]Disclaimer : If I find the money ill buy it too, thinking about selling my Gibson...[/i][/size]

[quote name='Beedster' post='1203347' date='Apr 18 2011, 10:30 AM']Which is about £1500-2000 shy of what even the US dealers are asking for similar instruments. Hell of a deal Si, good luck

Chris[/quote]

Thanks Chris - a shame you don't need another '65 at the moment :)

Cheers, Si

[quote name='cd_david' post='1204385' date='Apr 19 2011, 07:43 AM']This is an absolute bargain for a beautiful bass from a great seller

Still loving my 65 mate, managed to get a 65 Pup to complete it :)

Good luck

Dave[/quote]

Thanks Dave :)

[quote name='Stag' post='1202650' date='Apr 17 2011, 02:58 PM']Glorious. Where do you get this stuff from Si!!! lol[/quote]

Simon actually has a time machine which he uses when he needs a few quid.
Pop back to the early seventies to get a few sixties guitars,store them in his not insubstantial loft and there you go.

[quote name='tarcher' post='1206682' date='Apr 21 2011, 06:39 AM']Simon actually has a time machine which he uses when he needs a few quid.
Pop back to the early seventies to get a few sixties guitars,store them in his not insubstantial loft and there you go.[/quote]

Hey Paul...and there's me thinking my secrets were safe with you old chum :)

Cheers, Si