Why become a member? ×

Hartke

andy67

Just back from a gig tonight where I played through my new Hartke rig which comprises of an LH1000 amp head and an AK410 cab.

The thing is I've been an Ampeg/Trace player for years and am real used to the low end thump and woof of my old rig/s. So tonight was a bit of a dilemma for me in regards to what I would use and the sounds I would get.

The Hartke is very, very clean and crisp so my thoughts were, go with Ampeg rig you know how it sounds! But I thought bugger it! I need to try the Hartke and good grief it was tremendous! The combination was just stunning and clear but with so much presence and volume it cut through beautifully and left the guitarist in no doubt he'd been bossed! Yeehaa! So, I'm well impressed and pleased that the test run went extremely well.

Ta much Hartke I'm being assimilated!

andy

Edited by andy67

Cheers Steve, I'm quite shocked to be honest because I wasn't sure if I could work with such a clean sound but hey I'm fair enjoying it. The other thing is that it is ridiculously cheap considering the LH1000 is their top end head coming in at £519 or cheaper (seen for £469) and the AK410 is £320. Tonally stunning and loves the attitude.

Speak soon pal

andy

A fantastic endorsement Andy! - My old rack rig was a wash of compressors and effects and all sorts of gubbins. Any doubts I had about the LH1000 were very quickly quashed when I turned up at the first rehearsal with it and my two Hydrive cabs. I ran it absolutely clean with no drive or anything but still I had everything I wanted from the head alone. I'm amazed that unlike other manufacturers, Hartke have chosen not to put a ridiculous price tag on a tried and tested valve preamp - but instead crammed a very powerful power amplifier in the same box as well! I think the only upgrade I may be tempted by would be the Hartke Kilo when it comes out in August - but even then, I think it'll only be a GAS attack as I don't think I actually *need* the other functions to get a great sound, it's there already!

If anyone has a GAS attack and an LH head comes up for sale - get one, they really are impressive!

[quote name='dood' post='1201625' date='Apr 16 2011, 10:27 AM']A fantastic endorsement Andy! - My old rack rig was a wash of compressors and effects and all sorts of gubbins. Any doubts I had about the LH1000 were very quickly quashed when I turned up at the first rehearsal with it and my two Hydrive cabs. I ran it absolutely clean with no drive or anything but still I had everything I wanted from the head alone. I'm amazed that unlike other manufacturers, Hartke have chosen not to put a ridiculous price tag on a tried and tested valve preamp - but instead crammed a very powerful power amplifier in the same box as well! I think the only upgrade I may be tempted by would be the Hartke Kilo when it comes out in August - but even then, I think it'll only be a GAS attack as I don't think I actually *need* the other functions to get a great sound, it's there already!

If anyone has a GAS attack and an LH head comes up for sale - get one, they really are impressive![/quote]

+1.
,I have the HA2500 head into a couple of Ashdown Mag.Cabs the sound is amazing I have not had a Gas attack for an Amp since,

I used to have a Hartke HA4000 with 210XL & 115XL cabs. Incredibly versatile, and powerful. Used it in a heavy rock band, and though it may not seem the right rig for heavy rock, with the aluminium cones etc, it was great, solid presence, but as said above, every note was clear and precise.

They are though, right for rock! Last night was the first time in years I felt my tone was controlled, full and cutting. It was amazing, considering there is only a volume control and an eq. I was running the eq up the middle, I know its not flat but that is my thing, all at 12! No limiter nor bright switch, horn off on cab and hell yeah!! Unbelievable, a solid wall of tone generated by my Yamaha Attitude and delivered transparently by Hartke!

Dood, I'm kinda stuck for words on this due to it blowing me away. I would challenge any rock player to try Hartke and not endorse them. I will have a Kilo though1 Apparently the power section is based on the LH1000. However its your fault, you made me curious after that chat we had a few months ago through the pm system. So, cheers mate I love it!

Andy.

Edited by andy67

[quote name='andy67' post='1201410' date='Apr 16 2011, 01:01 AM']Just back from a gig tonight where I played through my new Hartke rig which comprises of an LH1000 amp head and an AK410 cab.

The thing is I've been an Ampeg/Trace player for years and am real used to the low end thump and woof of my old rig/s. So tonight was a bit of a dilemma for me in regards to what I would use and the sounds I would get.

The Hartke is very, very clean and crisp so my thoughts were, go with Ampeg rig you know how it sounds! But I thought bugger it! I need to try the Hartke and good grief it was tremendous! The combination was just stunning and clear but with so much presence and volume it cut through beautifully and left the guitarist in no doubt he'd been bossed! Yeehaa! So, I'm well impressed and pleased that the test run went extremely well.

Ta much Hartke I'm being assimilated!

andy[/quote]

It's great when you try new gear that makes you smile :)

You've got to remember to let me know next time you gig locally! :)

[quote name='mcnach' post='1202191' date='Apr 16 2011, 10:10 PM']It's great when you try new gear that makes you smile :)

You've got to remember to let me know next time you gig locally! :)[/quote]

Will do Jose, you too. :lol:

andy

• 1 month later...

My first and current head is a Harke HA3500. It sits on an Ashdown ABM 4x10, which apart from being a bit of a huff and a puff to get it moved around/lifted on stage has been a great partner to it. I've been more than happy with this setup, it has got compliments from other players when I've shared my rig at gigs. Hartke (and whoever are handling their UK operations) are cool with me because I got my 3500 second hand and it was missing a knob. They sent me one FOC. Great service.

Having tried a fair few amps over the years I have to say that I am really happy with my Hartke setup.

It is just a HA2500 2x10 combo with another 2x10 cab and it can more than keep up with 2 guitarists and a mental drummer in a gig situation.

Plus it fits into the car quite easily.

The Kilo head has been delayed so many times i'm gonna be too old to care by the time i get to try one! I asked Larry back in March when they were coming and was told May! I really hope they're worth the wait because they look awesome.

Just wanted to say that even though I've been singing the praises of the new Ampeg Portaflex heads, Hartkes are still the business! I have the LH500 and used to have the HA3500. They're powerful, versatile and built like tanks. I'd REALLY love to see Mr Hartke put out some Micro heads, 'cause I SURE they'd really go toe to toe nicely with what GK, Markbass, TC & Genz-Benz have out. (I'm pretty sure that Ampeg just wholesale copied the output stage of the HA3500 in their PF-350 heads minus the valve pre-amp IMO!)

Yep, i use one aswell and was so pleased with it after my ashdown that i had been using for two years before that. So easy to dial in sounds i actually want and not ones ill settle with. and its cheap which was good for a student like me who has practically no income.

I used to own a trace 4x10 combo with a 1x15 cab and thought it was raher good - after a long break from playing ive decided to go out and pluck the strings again for a bit of a social life so i was lookiing for another trace rig but thought bugger the expense i'll take a gamble on the hartke after all the positive reviews id read - only got the 2500 head at the momet but the 4x10 hydrive cab is just amazing and i defy any die-hard trace fans to not be impressed - if you want exceptionally good clean tone at half the price of Trace then got for the Hartke! Am saving up as we speak to get LH500/LH1000 :)