Why become a member? ×

Absolutely appalling live performances ...

Sawtooth

This one will do

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlxMxQWnDxw&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlxMxQWnDxw...feature=related[/url]

Can't find the one I was thinking of...but, anyway.

Come back all those slapping maniacs at these shows.. :)

[quote name='JTUK' post='1161227' date='Mar 14 2011, 12:05 AM']This one is worse..IMV

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmOl7Q5cQpQ&playnext=1&list=PLC38FED2DB999C4B0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmOl7Q5cQpQ...38FED2DB999C4B0[/url][/quote]

Those were the most appalling videos I've ever seen, I would rather listen to someone throw up against an out of tune harp whilst reciting Cannibal Corpse lyrics then go through that excruciating experience again.

[quote name='JamieBenzies' post='1161281' date='Mar 14 2011, 03:23 AM']Those were the most appalling videos I've ever seen, I would rather listen to someone throw up against an out of tune harp whilst reciting Cannibal Corpse lyrics then go through that excruciating experience again.[/quote]

Considering this guy is credited with being part of a legendary soul/funk outfit.

I can't quite believe it myself. Very very odd.

[quote name='JTUK' post='1161319' date='Mar 14 2011, 07:39 AM']Considering this guy is credited with being part of a legendary soul/funk outfit.

I can't quite believe it myself. Very very odd.[/quote]

Well I'm shocked. He has produced some cracking bass lines in the studio over the years but this......I'm lost for words!!!! :)

Angie.

[quote name='SlackAlice' post='1161652' date='Mar 14 2011, 12:32 PM']Well I'm shocked. He has produced some cracking bass lines in the studio over the years but this......I'm lost for words!!!! :)

Angie.[/quote]

Don't want to labour the point ........but I'm gonna...but looking at that tape, that to me, is someone who either can't play... or who has not played the bass for years...and I mean YEARS.
I can't believe how much time it would take to lose that facility.

Although not a televised show as such, this clip is advertising Sammy Hagar's new autobiography 'RED' which covers his career in music.
In order to highlight a passage in his book which concentrates on Eddie Van Halen's alcoholism, he has used footage from their 2004 reunion tour and (IMO) altered the mix to show how messed up Eddie was at the time (1:14) after showing the same song at their 1991 prime. Granted the footage is bloody awful.... Eddie was battling drink and drug addiction and going through hell everyday. But I feel that this is an absolute cheap shot by Sammy on a guy who was quite obviously messed up. And just to sell a book!!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1160827' date='Mar 13 2011, 06:31 PM']How about this... band has sequenced backing. Sequenced backing is broken and plays in wrong key.[/quote]

Back in the pre digital days when tape speed sometimes played at different pitches... my favourite ever YouTube clip

They've since tracked her down & she is remarkably good humoured about it

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1162077' date='Mar 14 2011, 05:46 PM']Back in the pre digital days when tape speed sometimes played at different pitches... my favourite ever YouTube clip[/quote]
ha ha ha... awesome!

I could read the comments on YouTube clips for days:

[quote]Poor Stacy, not only is she tone deaf but also has the weirdest, thinnest ankles I've ever seen.[/quote]

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1162077' date='Mar 14 2011, 05:46 PM']Back in the pre digital days when tape speed sometimes played at different pitches... my favourite ever YouTube clip

They've since tracked her down & she is remarkably good humoured about it[/quote]
That is hilarious.

[quote name='tombboy' post='1161982' date='Mar 14 2011, 04:34 PM']Although not a televised show as such, this clip is advertising Sammy Hagar's new autobiography 'RED' which covers his career in music.
In order to highlight a passage in his book which concentrates on Eddie Van Halen's alcoholism, he has used footage from their 2004 reunion tour and (IMO) altered the mix to show how messed up Eddie was at the time (1:14) after showing the same song at their 1991 prime. Granted the footage is bloody awful.... Eddie was battling drink and drug addiction and going through hell everyday. But I feel that this is an absolute cheap shot by Sammy on a guy who was quite obviously messed up. And just to sell a book!!

[/quote]

Ohhhh Eddie. That just ruined Van Halen for me!

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1162077' date='Mar 14 2011, 05:46 PM']Back in the pre digital days when tape speed sometimes played at different pitches... my favourite ever YouTube clip

They've since tracked her down & she is remarkably good humoured about it[/quote]

OW!!...my ears are now bleeding...not to mention every dog in the street is now wailing!

[quote name='JamieBenzies' post='1161281' date='Mar 14 2011, 03:23 AM']Those were the most appalling videos I've ever seen, I would rather listen to someone throw up against an out of tune harp whilst reciting Cannibal Corpse lyrics then go through that excruciating experience again.[/quote]

Verdine white and rocco prestia are both players that sound decidedly unimpressive on their own, but stick them in a good band and they're dynamite.