Why become a member? ×

Spending too much time on this bloody site!

thebrig

Don't know whether this has been done before.

But since joining BassChat a couple of months ago, I find myself hooked to it.

I log in every day and spend ages reading all the great posts on here.

Problem is, I should be learning new material instead of being on this site all the time.

I have to say though, I have learnt so much, and picked up some great tips from all you guys/gals out there.

[b]Anyone else neglecting their practise to be on this site?[/b]

That's it, I'm logging off now, and I'm going pick my bass up, and start on the three new songs that I [u]should have[/u] learnt at the weekend.

[quote name='thebrig' post='1135821' date='Feb 21 2011, 05:20 PM']Don't know whether this has been done before.

Problem is, I should be learning new material instead of being on this site all the time.

I have to say though, I have learnt so much, and picked up some great tips from all you guys/gals out there.

That's it, I'm logging off now, and I'm going pick my bass up, and start on the three new songs that I [u]should have[/u] learnt at the weekend.[/quote]

You'll eventually realise that playing in a band and learning songs comes a poor second to spending every waking hour on BC

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1135888' date='Feb 21 2011, 05:50 PM']I skim the site once a day....[/quote]

It must be coincidence we seam to be on about the same time time then Wayne, Do you skim it from about 7 in the morning until about 1am the next day? Thats about the times I have a quick skim :) Not Wednesday night though Im off to Doddys house! I wonder if he has Wi-Fi..............

[quote name='thebrig' post='1135821' date='Feb 21 2011, 05:20 PM']Don't know whether this has been done before.

That's it, I'm logging off now, and I'm going pick my bass up, and start on the three new songs that I [u]should have[/u] learnt at the weekend.[/quote]

Sometimes :)

Sometimes I've had like an hour before I have to go to rehearse and I go "ok, let's check the forum quickly and then spend a little while going over those bits that I was having trouble with"... and before I realise, I get caught buying sixteen Sue Ryder P-basses and there's no time for anything anymore. :lol:

But not today. Oh no. I have 2 hours. I put my timer at 30min and I'm off :)

[quote name='bubinga5' post='1135955' date='Feb 21 2011, 06:39 PM']my name is B5 and im a BassChatoholic[/quote]

You have taken the first step to recovery by admitting your problem.

Personally I never spend much time on here I'm far too busy badger farming.

Hi, my name is G.

I was a happily gigging musician with 2 bands & rehearsing 2-3 times a week.

One day I decided to join Basschat for a little advice on amps, cabs & combos & what would be best for my situation.
I got many good answers & got to know a lot of folk & enjoy talking about bass & everything that goes with it.

That was almost 3 years ago.

Now I spend every waking minute on here. Have no time to even talk to the other band members, let alone rehearse.
Haven't had any gigs with them for many months & even longer since I had time to play bass with another musician (they just don't understand).
No one communicates with me & I don't even know if they've replaced me :)

Does this sound like you? Do YOU feel like you're addicted to Basschat?

Then call Addiction UK on 0845 4567 030 now!