Why become a member? ×

"Tyre Kickers" ?

waynepunkdude

i can understand if the poster has taken the time to carefully write a detailed fs ad. and taken a host of good photos, linked to youtube with vids/soundclips..

but if the description is vague.. esp on something with a high price tag, sometimes you need to coax the answers out lol

There are some really duff listings out there - which show little or no detail, especially around potential areas of damage, etc; also, many sellers assume PM = sale.

Is this not the online version of our complaints about so many London bass shops? You can't touch unless you're buying?

I've had a lot of PMs about the two basses I've listed, and I've PM'ed a few people about ones they've had up. It's the equivalent of talking to the salesperson, making sure it's right product for you.

Some people really don't make maximum use of the PM system. I've had the odd one where I've been left wondering what the other person is suggesting, but hey - it's there to be used, it's up to you to make the most value of it.

I think i know the thread you mean.

Not a very polite way of doing business on here and probably not very conductive to getting a sale either.

I'm happy to answer any questions people have, it's what the PM system is there for! The FS section isn't just a free ads forum, it's part of the whole site which is generally really friendly and helpful.

Err..

No Endless PMs?
Sorry, the concept of the forum is displayed for all to see on the header. It says "BassChat", not "FlogBass"
If someone is interested enough to PM me a question (period, not necessarily just about for sale items), then I will respond to it. I thought that was the idea behind the site. No?

Takes all sorts, but I've had generally excellent experiences buying and selling here. I would expect a minority of wafflers and tyre kickers in any transaction..but BC is pretty much hassle free. Its worth using the feedback threads..and looking people up for some background. There are some sellers I would avoid. Nuff said.

[quote name='BassBod' post='1132343' date='Feb 18 2011, 03:30 PM']Takes all sorts, but I've had generally excellent experiences buying and selling here. I would expect a minority of wafflers and tyre kickers in any transaction..but BC is pretty much hassle free. Its worth using the feedback threads..and looking people up for some background. There are some sellers I would avoid. Nuff said.[/quote]
Same here. Exactly.

I have a general princple that I am always as helpful as I can be to any potential buyer, if they come over, I'll make sure we have a good chat and a cuppa or a beer, relax, then leave them in peace for as long as they need in my studio so they can play what they might be buying. I'll pick them up in the car, give them a month to get their cash together, whatever. I'll give them as much information as I can, and hopefully they have a nice buying experience and know the bass is a happy one from a happy person. I'll go out of my way to do that, but it's no effort because I'd do it anyway. But I expect similar from others too, and thankfully I've always been happy with Basschat transactions.

No matter how much I want something though, I won't deal with a misery. If I see listings that say sh*t like no tyre kickers, endless PMs, etc. I'd not even bother enquiring.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='1132270' date='Feb 18 2011, 02:31 PM']Err..

No Endless PMs?
Sorry, the concept of the forum is displayed for all to see on the header. It says "BassChat", not "FlogBass"
If someone is interested enough to PM me a question (period, not necessarily just about for sale items), then I will respond to it. I thought that was the idea behind the site. No?[/quote]

PM'd

:)

Well, I just bought a bass of here!

I PM'd when I saw it and asked if he could wait until today.

He said yes but let him know if I changed my mind.

I turned up today and was offered to play it through his amp.

I paid the money asked for and came away with a BIG grin on my face.

I think this forum is great and I spend way too much time on the PC....... :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1132204' date='Feb 18 2011, 01:44 PM']Does anybody actually have this problem on this site? I usually have interested PMs that ask specific questions if it's what they are after they usually buy if not they don't.

Surely that's the point of PMing a question.[/quote]
No & exactly :)

I don't mind the fact that I've had loads of PMs with people asking masses of questions... and I haven't even had a bass up for sale! :)

To be fair I do regularly get asked for advice regarding Warwicks and I've absolutely no problem trying to help folk out; it's what this forum is for. So I'd like to think when I ask questions about a bass (mainly the weight) that folks will do the decent thing and respond positively, which to be honest most do!