Why become a member? ×

I Smell BS

Macko1968

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1129099' date='Feb 15 2011, 11:48 PM']Looks like his bass has exploded. [url="http://musical-instruments.shop.ebay.co.uk/Musical-Instruments-/619/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ssn=prestigeguitars&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282"]In a welter of bull$hit.[/url]

J.[/quote]
And Basschat gets a credit in the body copy :)

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='tauzero' post='1129242' date='Feb 16 2011, 09:02 AM'][b]In the machine heads auction[/b], he says it's not for sale. So expect it to turn up attached to a [s]reloused[/s] reliced Squier body sometime soon.[/quote]
There's something very bad lurking under the tuner bushes in those pics. :)

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1129140' date='Feb 16 2011, 01:22 AM']Looking forward to having it explained to me how he identifies this body as an "Ibanez" Two days ago he didn't seem to have a scooby what it was. :)[/quote]

One thing that bothered me it that he seems to be saying that BC members identified it as a genuine Ibanez:

"After much deliberation and many comments and internet searching, I have finally ascertained the brand of this body. It's a mid 70's Ibanez P Bass. Thanks to Bass Chat members... Are all you Bass Heads this clued up?"

So now it's a Basschat verified item?

He's now also invented a mysterious friend who owned the bass since the early 80s and has suddenly remembered it's gigging history - amazing!

Ok - here we go:

[quote name='Pikeyguitars off of ThiefBay']Hi Jon, a number of people form various sources have detailed this. There's one on sale through Bass chat, exact model.... However, you can't pinpoint the exact year with Ibanez's apparently as the bodies are not numbered. I'm convinced. If you're unsure, please refrain from bidding. Thanks.[/quote]

Seems we've all missed the genuine & verified "Ibanez Precision" currently for sale right here then. I'm not really sure how to respond to a message like this - the seller clearly lives in a sad little dream-world all of his own. :)

:)

J.

Well amazingly enough Mr Pikeyguitars was unable to furnish me with a direct link to the one for sale on BC! (I was half-expecting it to be the one I bought here about 7 years ago! :)) but gave me a link to a picture of an "identical" Ibanez P somewhere on the web.

And do you know what - if you removed the neck from the Ibby, swapped the scratchplate & pups for cheap recent ones, tied a rope to it, tied the other end to the back bumper of your car & dragged the body up & down the A1 a couple of times, then poured petrol on it & set fire to it & let it burn for 20 minutes...

...it would still look f@ck-all like the piece of crap he's trying to punt.

J.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IBANEZ-MID-70S-BASS-FULLY-LOADED-BODY-/160547522890?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item256160c94a#ht_951wt_1141"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IBANEZ-MID-70S-BASS-...a#ht_951wt_1141[/url]

Its an Ibanez now :)

Edited by cd_david

[quote]I will not respond to time wasters, silly offers or stupid questions from dreamers, this is a pre requisite/term of the auction so I can report such activity to Ebay as a breach of auction rights terms and conditions. And I will.[/quote]

Why do people think they can set their own terms and conditions for auctions and Ebay will support them? Ebay barely enforce their own Ts&Cs unless it suits them.

Edited by spinynorman

Check his feedback ratings,sells everything from dissappearing 02 sim cards to dresses with "gum"in the area where the wifes Herman Smitz should be sitting,also selling a pair of black size 5 Jazz shoes if your interested,no doubt genuine Fender Jazz shoes with that "heavily relic"effect,his shop must resemble Del Boys flat......

I like this:

"The electrics were pretty much rubbish and on their way out so I installed a custom 50's style hand made harness using Genuine CTS pots, Genuine Fender Vintage cloth Wiring and a Genuine Jumbo Sprague orange capacitor. These upgrades alone are worth over £100"

[quote name='tom1946' post='1133036' date='Feb 19 2011, 07:59 AM']I like this:

"The electrics were pretty much rubbish and on their way out so I installed a custom 50's style hand made harness using Genuine CTS pots, Genuine Fender Vintage cloth Wiring and a Genuine Jumbo Sprague orange capacitor. These upgrades alone are worth over £100"

[/quote]
Yeah, it's worth well over that! Just look how precise the wiring was done!

Edited by kurcatovium

And if I haven't made it clear enough - [b]this is not an Ibanez[/b], or anything else vintage & MIJ. Absolutely not. In fact it's a lot more likely to be something modern, like a Westfield he's picked up for £20 from the local car boot then burned & smashed around in the name of "relic-ing". The tuners he's selling as [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BASS-MACHINE-HEADS-TRUE-70S-RELICS-/160546648800"]true 70s relics[/url] are identical to a set of OK-quality budget modern ones I have on my see-through P project, only his have got filth all over them. :)

Jon.

[quote name='cd_david' post='1125884' date='Feb 13 2011, 12:51 PM']He likes his relic fenders this guy. A single ply white guard?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160533426700#ht_1420wt_1141"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...#ht_1420wt_1141[/url][/quote]
I have a hunch that this 'Fender' strat which sold for £375 possibly started life as an afinity strat from argos