Why become a member? ×

Any really famous people spotted on BC?

bubinga5

And Mike Huckabee, a Republican party candidate in the 2008 US Presidential election, is also a very passionate bass player and enthusiastic supporter of music education. Not so famous in this part of the world but has a huge following in the US.

There's a great interview with him in the February 2011 issue of Bass Player. In my opinion one of the most informative and inspiring interviews that magazine has done in a long time.

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' post='1112306' date='Feb 2 2011, 01:09 PM']And Mike Huckabee[/quote]
O Rly?

[quote]Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee said Monday that Wikileaks founder Julian Assange should be tried for treason. He followed up the call by saying Mr. Assange should be executed if found guilty. "I think anything less than execution is too kind a penalty" the Republican said in an interview.[/quote]

Sounds like a perfect contributor for one of those BC 'Kill people who hurt animals' threads. Sign him up, Ped :)

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='1112318' date='Feb 2 2011, 01:14 PM']O Rly?

Sounds like a perfect contributor for one of those BC 'Kill people who hurt animals' threads. Sign him up, Ped :)[/quote]

Yep , same guy. Hey, I didn't say I agreed with everything the guy stands for :) Actually, after his views on bass and music in general, Mike and I go our separate ways.

[quote name='Paul S' post='1112175' date='Feb 2 2011, 11:47 AM']I bought a TE head from Shonks - Steve Shone - and was captivated by some of his tales - he's been a pro for 40 yrs and toured with some big names - Tina Turner, Kim Wilde... sure he won't mind me mentioning it.[/quote]
Shonks is Steve Shone? Well I never.......
I was listening to some of his playing last night on an old Gary Boyle album ("The Dancer").

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' post='1112463' date='Feb 2 2011, 02:41 PM']Yep , same guy. Hey, I didn't say I agreed with everything the guy stands for :)[/quote]
Sorry if I came across all haughty and finger pointing-like. Not my intention. :)

Frankly, all I know about him is he's a well-known politician who plays bass. I'll check the article out.

Not many people realise* that Mrs T is actually Suzi Quatro ([i][b]Can[/b][/i] the Can - Mrs [i][b]Tin[/b][/i]man - you see what she did there?), while skank is none other than former PM John Major.

[size=1]*mostly because I just made it up. Or did I?[/size]

[quote name='paul h' post='1112501' date='Feb 2 2011, 03:01 PM']Craig Martini.

Or are we not doing serious answers any more? In that case please assume I have said something amusing.[/quote]
He's so cool is surreal. A wicked player.

I may have mentioned it before but Craig and I were born on exactly the same day - we are bass twins :). Unfortunately for me Craig got all the talent on that day. :)

[quote name='Earbrass' post='1112598' date='Feb 2 2011, 04:27 PM']Not many people realise* that Mrs T is actually Suzi Quatro ([i][b]Can[/b][/i] the Can - Mrs [i][b]Tin[/b][/i]man - you see what she did there?), while skank is none other than former PM John Major.

[size=1]*mostly because I just made it up. Or did I?[/size][/quote]

Sshhhhhh! Don't tell everyone! :) :lol:

Was it the pics of my thigh high boots that convinced you? :)

PS: on Skank, I mean! :D

I've seen that the bass players out of Attack! Attack! (UK) and Elliot Minor are on here, but obviously as has already been brought up it really depends on who or what you define as "really famous". I think really though there are very few bass players who are very famous as bass players and expecting them to come on here is like expecting Brunel to appear on a Civil Engineering forum, thus it would be a slightly pointless question to ask...

[quote name='matski' post='1112281' date='Feb 2 2011, 12:58 PM']*ahem* Keanu Reeves....[/quote]

Yep. I thought of him.
Imagine the response/s if he posted in the introductions section...

And now you know why few but the hardiest celebrities (Chuck Norris?!) would post in a readily identifiable way..

[quote name='matski' post='1112281' date='Feb 2 2011, 12:58 PM']*ahem* Keanu Reeves....[/quote]
He was in a pub in Pentyrch last week.
Nobody bothered him because they all thought there's no way it could possibly be Keanu Reeves.
Apparently he has a mate who lives in Cardiff & he was visiting him.