Why become a member? ×

TO GO: Cats

icastle

Well this is an odd one...

With the departure of my, soon to be ex, wife, I have been left with 29 cats - no that ain't a typo... :)
Being the realist that I am, there's absolutely no way that I want to continue her pretence of being a responsible pet owner (after all, if I gave each cat just 10 mins of attention each day it'd take 5 hours!) and am therefore doing it for real now.

There are a mixture of long and short haired types in various sexes and colours.
They're all well fed, healthy (as far as I can tell) and litter trained.
The two mothers (neutered as of yesterday) were both feral and their offspring are sturdy little sods :)
They've been bought up alongside two dogs so should have no problem integrating with 'cat proof' dogs.

I've been in touch with the local cat rehoming agencies but they're struggling for space.

If anyone here on BC can offer one a good home, free of charge naturally, then please shout.

I'll even get him or her neutered for you at my expense if that helps :lol:

[quote name='Dubs' post='1096110' date='Jan 20 2011, 10:34 AM']I've got a big sack and a brimmed 210ltr water butt if I can be of any assistance...?

:)[/quote]

It almost came to that a month or so back when I came downstairs and found another 4 kittens and then another 3 two days later. :)

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='1096129' date='Jan 20 2011, 10:47 AM']When your STBEW is not looking, you should empty her suitcases, tip her clothes in the bin, and repack them with cats instead. She won't realise until she gets to her new place.[/quote]

Good idea but too late... :)

BEER ROASTED CAT
1 cat cut into roast
1 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cube of beef bouillon
1 clove of garlic
1 Fine Irish Stout

Cover and soak cat roast in salt water for 24 hours. Drain water and then cover and soak in beer for 6 hours. Drain and place in crock pot with your cans of soup. Add a clove of garlic, and a cube of beef bouillon. If you start to slow cook your cat in the morning with your George Foreman Cooker (or it's ilk), you'll have finely cooked feline in time for supper.

If a slow cooker is not available, a cat can be baked at 350 degrees for 2-3 hours in a conventional oven and still come out pretty good. Beer Roasted Cat is fantastic served with mashed potatoes, collard greens, and fresh, homemade egg rolls. When planning a full meal just remember -- cat is a course best served hot!

Cat may not be the most glamorous, or tastiest of game meats, but with a little thought and preparation, Baked Cat can make the belly of the persnicketiest diner glow with home baked goodness.

:)

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='misrule' post='1096165' date='Jan 20 2011, 11:08 AM']Cat may not be the most glamorous, or tastiest of game meats, but with a little thought and preparation, Baked Cat can make the belly of the persnicketiest diner glow with home baked goodness.[/quote]

Have you considered therapy of any description? :) :) :lol:

[quote name='MB1' post='1096276' date='Jan 20 2011, 01:06 PM']MB1. :)
29? :lol:
A call to the RSPCA might be an idea? :D

Now youve got me thinking? what was the name of that old horror film with all the cats in it?[/quote]

I'm staying away from the RSPCA intentionally at the moment - they're going to be the last resort.

I think you mean 'Night of a Thousand Cats'...

...and yes, I've got enough to make a trailer at the moment and have no wish to do a full remake before you ask... :)

[quote name='joegarcia' post='1096553' date='Jan 20 2011, 04:53 PM']If I was closer I'd probably have one. :)[/quote]

Maybe he'll courier it? :)

I'm gonna have to try and keep this thread away from Mrs. Lemmywinks. I wake up most mornings in the early hours with a mental cat sitting on my chest purring like a tractor engine, don't need any more!

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1096990' date='Jan 20 2011, 11:49 PM']Maybe he'll courier it? :)[/quote]

Via Caty Link?

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1096990' date='Jan 20 2011, 11:49 PM']I'm gonna have to try and keep this thread away from Mrs. Lemmywinks. I wake up most mornings in the early hours with a mental cat sitting on my chest purring like a tractor engine, don't need any more![/quote]

I've slowly but surely herded them all downstairs over the last few weeks and sealed off the upstairs rooms.
I don't dislike them but I can't cope being around 29 of them so I only venture downstairs to feed them and make coffee.

EDIT: Sh*t - that sounds weird and pathetic - I guess I just don't like my carpets to have a pulse!

Edited by icastle

[quote name='icastle' post='1097007' date='Jan 21 2011, 12:02 AM']Via Caty Link?[/quote]
Kitty Link, surely :)

Good luck with finding homes for them -- it sounds like you're living a nightmare out of some old cream advert.

Having said that, I can't find the bloody thing. Anybody remember an Eighties or Nineties TV ad for imitation cream which showed hundreds of cats sitting outside a house? It was a parody of The Birds.

Cheers

Mark