Why become a member? ×

Who is the drummer you'd most like to...

Sean

If you could have an hour jamming with any drummer alive or dead who would it be?

Stewart Copeland for me but I'm sure he get bored of me staring mouth wide open after a while! I was mezmerised by his drumming from the first time I heard message in a bottle when it was first released in 1979 and I think it was his drumming that first made me aware of bass playing which in turn made me aware of what the guitar did. Then in 1981 there was this documentary on TV about The Police in Montserrat and that was the moment that I decided I want to play an instrument. I was never going to be able to play the drums, I still just can't physically get it and so I bought a bass...

If he didn't wanna play I'd have to go for Neil Peart - but only as long as he let me wear his hat. :)

Edited by Sean

One? NO FAIR!!!

Thats really difficult! ok, if I list one or two, can I give reasons?

Roger Taylor. I grew up listening to Queen and John Deacon is a hero pf mine, I guess I'd love to play bass with Roger and Brian.
Bonzo - well.. really need to give a reason? What a monster of the kit!
Thomas Lang - I want him to play in my band!!!! I think he'd be perfect! Thomas is almost a machine. His limb independence is almost scarey!
Mike Portnoy - I love DT. A huge influence on me, as I really love melody in my prog metal.
Dan Foord - Well, you'd have to, wouldn't you! Dan plays for a band called Sikth and I really do love his style of playing. Intense and very lively, which adds energy to the band's music. Not just 'a drummer'.
Chad Smith (away from chilis) - His playing with his 'bro' Glenn Hughes is absolutely awesome! Check out Hughes' 'Soul Mover' - There is so much groove in Chad's playing. I met both the guys up in Norwich a year or so ago and I think a bit of their amazing mojo rubbed off on me!

Yep, thats about it!

Some great drummers mentioned
Mine would be Seb Rochford... He's playing in Polar Bear.
or Ginger Baker (especially the hawkwind stuff)
keep hearing Seb on a few different things lately although if you'd ask me next week I'd probably give another answer.

Edited by Stu-khag

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='123118' date='Jan 18 2008, 08:45 PM']Well, I'm lucky enough to be in a band with my all-time favourite drummer so... I guess he doesn't count.

Apart from him, it would be [url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=11Y987Uf1wY"]Levon Helm [/url] and John Bonham.[/quote]

+1
Levon - yeah! He's awesome (& Danko - what a great bass player!)...