Why become a member? ×

New Aguilar Gear

skej21

It sure is a looker. Apparently they retail for about $700-800, which means its actually in a very competitive position.

For me, its between this, the Genz Streamliner, and whatever TC and Markbass come up with for my next new amp. Wont be until at least mid 2011 mind, when Ive had chance to read reviews etc.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1064310' date='Dec 20 2010, 09:50 AM']It sure is a looker. Apparently they retail for about $700-800, which means its actually in a very competitive position.

For me, its between this, the Genz Streamliner, and whatever TC and Markbass come up with for my next new amp. Wont be until at least mid 2011 mind, when Ive had chance to read reviews etc.[/quote]

Don't forget the GB 9.0. Incredible piece of gear. Yesterday i cranked it at my drummers garage (where we reharse). I putted it trough two HK full range PA tops (1x15" + 1.5" horn, i think, don't remember the model) with 450W@8ohm each and still i couldn't crank the amp all the way because the cabs started to fart :) . The look on my drummers face - a mix of fear and surprise - was priceless, the entire garage was trembling!
I can assure anybody that the 9.0 doesn't have any low end problems, it was all there without the need to resort to EQ!

This new Aggie line looks awesome. If they had come out two months ago i would have trouble choosing betwen a Aggie or a GB rig!
I know a lot of peolple on my side of the pond who will jump on them when they get to the stores :) - just hope i can resist the GAS!

Theres a pic somewhere in the TB thread wit a stack of the TH head with two 1x12 neo cabs... :drool: ...that is surely a lot of people's wet dream!

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' post='1064369' date='Dec 20 2010, 10:49 AM']Don't forget the GB 9.0. Incredible piece of gear. Yesterday i cranked it at my drummers garage (where we reharse). I putted it trough two HK full range PA tops (1x15" + 1.5" horn, i think, don't remember the model) with 450W@8ohm each and still i couldn't crank the amp all the way because the cabs started to fart :) . The look on my drummers face - a mix of fear and surprise - was priceless, the entire garage was trembling!
I can assure anybody that the 9.0 doesn't have any low end problems, it was all there without the need to resort to EQ!

This new Aggie line looks awesome. If they had come out two months ago i would have trouble choosing betwen a Aggie or a GB rig!
I know a lot of peolple on my side of the pond who will jump on them when they get to the stores :lol: - just hope i can resist the GAS!

Theres a pic somewhere in the TB thread wit a stack of the TH head with two 1x12 neo cabs... :drool: ...that is surely a lot of people's wet dream![/quote]

Id like a 9.0, and I have no doubt about them being great, but at the moment Im going to give it a long wait until the next new line of amps. :)

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1064389' date='Dec 20 2010, 11:03 AM']Id like a 9.0, and I have no doubt about them being great, but at the moment Im going to give it a long wait until the next new line of amps. :)[/quote]

Wise thinking. If i knew my amp would only arrive this month (it was a three month wait for the delivery!) i would definetly wait a little more for next NAMM.
Don't forget to post your thinkings when you start your tests :)

[quote name='skej21' post='1064079' date='Dec 19 2010, 10:07 PM']New Aguilar Tonehammer 500, coming soon.

New lightweight amp. Looks like it could be interesting for all the Aggy fans out there (like me lol).[/quote]

Want!

[quote name='skej21' post='1065446' date='Dec 21 2010, 10:20 AM']Another update guys. New tonehammer 500 alongside Aggy's newest cab, the SL112.

MASSSSSSIIIIIVVVVVVEEEEEE GAS ATTACK![/quote]

That is one stunning setup, aesthetically speaking.

I hope it sounds as good as I expect :) It sure looks damn cool.

To add to the new amps for 2011, see my thread near this. New Genz Benz Shuttle Max 9.0!

[quote name='skej21' post='1073777' date='Dec 31 2010, 03:49 PM']Here it is! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS![/quote]

Basically I think Aguilar nail the aesthetics better than every amp/cab manufacturer going, (almost). That is one seriously nice looking bit of kit. Hopefully it sounds as good as it looks.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1073800' date='Dec 31 2010, 04:10 PM']Basically I think Aguilar nail the aesthetics better than every amp/cab manufacturer going, (almost). That is one seriously nice looking bit of kit. Hopefully it sounds as good as it looks.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.

The worst thing is that I look at new amps/cabs/basses and think "that looks AMAZING!" and the only thing that normally stops my GASsing is the uncertainty of how it might sound... with Aguilar, it always looks great and I know for a fact that I will love the sound. Money juggling to fund GAS ensues :)

Release in March.
The AGS (from the pedal Tone Hammer) is the "Drive" potentiometer (on the left on the amp ) - no switch just a pot's.

Here comes the answer from Dave Boonshoft.

"Hi Gilles,

Thanks for contacting us. We are getting ready for the NAMM show in Los Angeles that all our dealers and distributors come to. We will have the new products at the show, and will be able to ship them in early March.

Europe should get the product at about the same time as the USA.

The AGS is actually potentiometer on the amp. All the way to the left, it is off. You get more AGS (we labeled it “Drive”) going to the right. There is no footswitch function..

Best Regards and Happy New Year!

Dave Boonshoft
President
Aguilar Amplification LLC
599 Broadway, 7th fl.
NY, NY 10025

ph. 1(212) 431-9109, ext.11
fax 1(212) 431-8201
[email protected] "

it's up on the website now

[quote]Tone Hammer 500

The Tone Hammer 500 features the legendary “Aguilar sound” in a small, lightweight design. Weighing in at only 4 lbs., this powerful bass amp is small enough to fit into the accessory pouch of most gig bags. The Tone Hammer 500 is the perfect choice for bass players on the go.

Specs

Power Output: 500 watts into 4 ohms, 250 watts into 8 ohms

Preamp Section: Solid State

Power Section: Class D

Transformer: Switching mode power supply (SMPS)

EQ Section:

Bass: +/- 17 dB @ 40 Hz
Mid Level: +/- 16 dB
Mid Frequency: 180 Hz – 1 kHz
Treble: +/- 14 dB @ 4 kHz

Drive Control: Fully adjustable, featuring Aguilar’s proprietary AGS(adaptive gain shaping) circuit.

Effects Loop: Series operation. Adds 6 dB of additional gain, making it useful for a broad range of effects units.

Inputs: One 1/4" input jack, compatible with all active and passive basses

Speaker Outputs: Two Neutrik Speakon speaker outputs

Balanced Output: XLR balanced output with pre/post EQ and ground lift switch

Tuner output

Cooling: Two high quality whisper fans with thermal speed control
Dimensions: 10.75”W X 8.5”D X 2.75”H

Warranty: Three year limited

Optional: Durable carrying bag[/quote]