Why become a member? ×

London Bass Guitar Show 2011

urb

To anyone wanting coffee/beer with a fellow BC'er, text me on 07969 868 234 on the day (I'm happy with this being up, it's my main business line so it can be found pretty much anywhere anyway).

See you on Saturday/Sunday all. :)

If any of you guys get chance to wander away from all the exotic and expensive bass stands please have a wander on to the JHS stand and say hello from me to the guitarist in my band Gavin Coulson ( long hair and beard and really looks the part of the rock god he is )

He is an awesome musician and unbelievably nice guy. He has a fabulous wife and five brilliant kids and will be missing them this weekend so please please please no Mark King style slapping :)

Many thanks

Tony

[quote name='mart' post='1157897' date='Mar 11 2011, 12:05 PM']If you want to try out some amps?[/quote]

Oh silly me! I forgot that a noisy exhibition has the most ideal listening conditions for auditioning amplifiers. :)

Just a philanthropical heads up...I have one seat left in my car (Saturday). I'm picking up in Liverpool at 6am then in Birmingham about 90 mins later and then doing M40/M25/M4 if anyone needs a lift. I don't mind a minor - and I mean minor detour off the motorway. Juice is free but we all chip in towards the parking.

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='obbm' post='1157917' date='Mar 11 2011, 12:14 PM']Oh silly me! I forgot that a noisy exhibition has the most ideal listening conditions for auditioning amplifiers. :lol:[/quote]
[quote name='Machines' post='1157924' date='Mar 11 2011, 12:17 PM']Trying out amps in a huge hall with loads of other bassists I think would be fruitless ![/quote]

Well, it would give an indicator of how the amp cuts through a crowd :)
No, I concede, it is pointless! Just lets you show off your instrument.

(Can I just point out that I was never planning to take a bass to the show. Honest! :) )

I've just bought my ticket for Saturday.
It'll be nice to do something which isn't work related for a change!
I'm looking forward to investigating a couple of cabs I've got my eye but I'm dreading the sound of a hundred slappity thwackers all trying to out-do each other.
See you there!

Just a quick note to say Phil has managed to double the size of his stand for BassGear at very short notice :)

So that means twice as many Fodera / Alleva Coppolo / Zon / Shuker Satinline / Boulder Creek (& whatever else he can fit in his van) for people to try out :)

I'm helping him out on both days so come and say hi if you get a chance. . .

[quote name='molan' post='1158532' date='Mar 11 2011, 07:55 PM']Just a quick note to say Phil has managed to double the size of his stand for BassGear at very short notice :)

So that means twice as many Fodera / Alleva Coppolo / Zon / Shuker Satinline / Boulder Creek (& whatever else he can fit in his van) for people to try out :lol:

I'm helping him out on both days so come and say hi if you get a chance. . .[/quote]

I'll be around this stand too. Look forward to seeing you all there :)

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='1158545' date='Mar 11 2011, 08:00 PM']I'll be around this stand too. Look forward to seeing you all there :)[/quote]

Excellent :)

I've just seen Phil's line-up for the weekend - looks like:

6 x Fodera

4 x Alleva Coppolo

4 x Zon

3 x Boulder Creek (I'm really looking forward to trying these)

3 x Shuker Satinline (ooh - these too!)

Plus 4 or 5 of his used stock as well

Couple of Bag End Cabs as well :lol:

I used to have a couple of those Bag End Q10BX-D 410,s a couple of years back. The best Hifi sounding cab on the market but at over 100lbs in weight!!!! back breakers.
BTW if there are any BC,ers from the North East going I,ll be on the 6.00am train out of Newcastle Central Station on Saturday Morning.
If anyone wants to hook up, give me a ring on my business mobile 07970348377.

Regards, Mark