Why become a member? ×

Fell in love with this yesterday...

Grand Wazoo

I went to the Guitar Nation 2010 show yesterday in Olympia, it was all about guitars, effects, guitar amps and the rest of it, I did spot Guy Pratt having a sneaky fag outside (I was too :) ) and then going into Tesco across the road for a sandwich. :)
Anyway what caught my attention was this new amp by Ashdown which is a replica of the Ampeg B15 see pics:

and... I was so impressed by the sound that on Monday I am going to order one. Retail is about £1250, but I know a store where I can get it for at least 15% off that price. Can't wait!!

What do you think?

Edited by Grand Wazoo

Wheeey Heeeyy! I've just bought it, I'll collect it straight from the factory on Wed / Thurs depending on my time ashore it will come with heavy duty castors fitted as an optional, here is what the Ashdown man told me,

[i]"Thanks again the amp is awesome and you have number two ever made its the only one in the country!
Thanks again,
Dan Gooday"[/i]

I will do, don't worry, I am really looking forward to it, I've tried it at the show before making my mind up, but it only took a couple of riffs to get me hooked because a cousin of mine owned the Ampeg one which he used to lend me, and that was the first amp I ever played through as a youngster, playing this one really brought back memories of those old vibes.

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1024368' date='Nov 15 2010, 10:32 AM']Wheeey Heeeyy! I've just bought it, I'll collect it straight from the factory on Wed / Thurs depending on my time ashore it will come with heavy duty castors fitted as an optional, here is what the Ashdown man told me,

[i]"Thanks again the amp is awesome and you have number two ever made its the only one in the country!
Thanks again,
Dan Gooday"[/i][/quote]
where's number one???!!!! :)

May I ask you what you had to pay?

When I first saw it on their facebook page a couple of weeks ago, I just knew that I had to have one. However, living in Norway I'll probably have to order it from the UK. Can't see any of my local music stores ever taking them in.

[quote name='sk8' post='1024510' date='Nov 15 2010, 12:22 PM']where's number one???!!!! :)[/quote]

As they've phoned me this morning to confirm I can collect tomorrow, I've actually asked who's got the No.1 and I was told he is the same person who ordered mine, Number One had a red chassis and Number Two (mine) had the black chassis and both were made for him, but in the end he chose the red one, I know who he is but I am going to let you guess with a few hints below:

Hint no.1 - He plays for a very famous Irish band
Hint no.2 - The singer in this band thinks he's God
Hint no.3 - The guitarist in their band has a strange name
Hint no.4 - Their most famous hit song has a high Irish political content

Can you guess who it is yet?

[quote name='P-punk' post='1025595' date='Nov 16 2010, 10:25 AM']May I ask you what you had to pay?

When I first saw it on their facebook page a couple of weeks ago, I just knew that I had to have one. However, living in Norway I'll probably have to order it from the UK. Can't see any of my local music stores ever taking them in.[/quote]

You may... but I'll just tell you the retail price in UK is £1299 as you can see on this link
[url="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Ashdown-Engineering/29324345560"]http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pa...ing/29324345560[/url]

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='1025624' date='Nov 16 2010, 10:59 AM']As they've phoned me this morning to confirm I can collect tomorrow, I've actually asked who's got the No.1 and I was told he is the same person who ordered mine, Number One had a red chassis and Number Two (mine) had the black chassis and both were made for him, but in the end he chose the red one, I know who he is but I am going to let you guess with a few hints below:

Hint no.1 - He plays for a very famous Irish band
Hint no.2 - The singer in this band thinks he's God
Hint no.3 - The guitarist in their band has a strange name
Hint no.4 - Their most famous hit song has a high Irish political content

Can you guess who it is yet?[/quote]
hmm, mr clayton perchance?