Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chris Wolstenholme

xilddx

What a player! And he has a wickid collection of basses. His tone is fantastic, suits the band perfectly.

A mate of mine met him last year and said he's a really nice bloke, humble and has not forgotten his roots.

Just thought I would big him up because he seems to get a lot of flak.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1012189' date='Nov 4 2010, 03:34 PM']I got a flat tyre on the A64 last week and Chris Wolstenholme pulled over and helped me change the wheel, and then he taught me to play Hysteria, lovely geezer.

I tried flagging down that ****er Alain Caron first but he pretended he hadn't seen me, ***hole.[/quote]

:) :)

I visited Teignmouth last year, as it's not too far off, and bumped into to Chris. I mentioned I dabbled on the bass and he gave me an impromptu tour of his house and his collection of basses.

Very nice man indeed. Quite tall though, felt like I was stood in a hole all afternoon.

[quote name='Marvin' post='1012219' date='Nov 4 2010, 04:01 PM']I visited Teignmouth last year, as it's not too far off, and bumped into to Chris. I mentioned I dabbled on the bass and he gave me an impromptu tour of his house and his collection of basses.

Very nice man indeed. Quite tall though, felt like I was stood in a hole all afternoon.[/quote]

Seriously?!?! That's so cool. Did you take any pics?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1012285' date='Nov 4 2010, 04:52 PM']Seriously?!?! That's so cool. Did you take any pics?[/quote]

Wont be happening anymore though. He moved from Teignmouth i think. His house was up for sale when i was there in the summer. Said 'by appointment only' on the for sale sign though, or i might have gone and knocked and pretended to be an excentric millionaire or lottery winner.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1012285' date='Nov 4 2010, 04:52 PM']Seriously?!?! That's so cool. Did you take any pics?[/quote]

I'm afraid it's entirely false. Sorry, I made it all up. I've only been to Teignmouth once and that was before I'd even heard of Muse.

He does have a reputation for being a nice bloke though and he is tall.

[quote name='markstuk' post='1012342' date='Nov 4 2010, 05:40 PM']He's moved to Dublin because Marvin followed him around Teignmouth and he felt worried :-)[/quote]
:)

Have you been reading the around the courts cuttings in the local Teignmouth press :)

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='1012343' date='Nov 4 2010, 05:41 PM']Pretty much my main bass idol, he knows how to play, and can do some pretty complicated stuff, but shuts up and sticks to the root when that's what's needed, he drives their songs, which is what good bassits should do most of the time.[/quote]
Exactly, he's everything a great bassist should be and an example to us all.

[quote name='Marvin' post='1012345' date='Nov 4 2010, 05:42 PM']I'm afraid it's entirely false. Sorry, I made it all up. I've only been to Teignmouth once and that was before I'd even heard of Muse.

He does have a reputation for being a nice bloke though and he is tall.[/quote]

Love it!

An intresting lie is always more entertaning than the boring truth! (Copyright Spike Milligan`s dad).

Nice to hear he`s a decent bloke. And he`s 7 foot 3 you know. :)

Jez, 5 foot 10

[quote name='silddx' post='1012185' date='Nov 4 2010, 03:29 PM']What a player! And he has a wickid collection of basses. His tone is fantastic, suits the band perfectly.

A mate of mine met him last year and said he's a really nice bloke, humble and has not forgotten his roots.

Just thought I would big him up because he seems to get a lot of flak.[/quote]

Sorry Nige, but only us northeners are allowed to use the term 'bloke'. But I believe he is a top geezer.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1012189' date='Nov 4 2010, 04:34 PM']I got a flat tyre on the A64 last week and Chris Wolstenholme pulled over and helped me change the wheel, and then he taught me to play Hysteria, lovely geezer.

I tried flagging down that ****er Alain Caron first but he pretended he hadn't seen me, ***hole.[/quote]

I agree about Alain Caron, we had him round to do some plastering in the hallway and never came back to do the finish coat and, I'd paid him up front. However, we had the last laugh because he left this in the front garden when he loaded his van up.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1012450' date='Nov 4 2010, 07:14 PM']My Aunt lives in Devon... He fitted her bathroom last year. She said he didn't vacuum the stair carpet afterwards, but because the rest of the job was A1 she chose to let it go. Recommended.[/quote]

Problem with Chris and plumbing is is that he feels he has to use a different spanner every five minutes. :) Top job though, apparently.