Why become a member? ×

Rigs at gigs!

Big Mick

• 3 weeks later...

My big rig that i took to a small gig once... I miss that Lakland!

Stage Layout at a Slash Tribute show... (Ignore the support bands Line 6 creeping in the pic. Our guitarists are strictly Marshall only.

Action shot of the rhythm guitarist and our cabs...

Its hard to get a pic of the rig cos its "hidden" off stage, but you can kinda see the head and racks on the left.

[quote name='Big Mick' post='1081958' date='Jan 8 2011, 11:48 AM']Ok, not a rig picture, but he kept hiding at the back behind all the fog!!!

Steve and his ACG Singlecut 6, a truly stunning piece of woodworking! (and luthierism)

Cheers, Mick. :)[/quote]

Lovely shot of the bass Mick, sadly my ugly mug sullies the pic,

I'll do a rig shot next weekend at the Brook if I have the prescence of mind

• 2 weeks later...

This is me, my Shuker and my new rig at a recent 'Non-commercial establishment Live Improvisation' performance. Not to be confused with a 'living room jam' as this is, after all, about rigs at GIGS.. :)

Delighted with the new rig, very big lows! But not at all lacking in the speed and bright attack needed for slap or pick playing :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hypermused live @ Hark to Towler, Tottington 05-02-11

Ric. of some description and a Jazz, running through this.

into these.

and this.

Tha Ashdown and Trace cab (I think) runs the clean channel, then the Marshall head and cab runs the distorted channel, sounded very good.
The Marshall combo is for guitar.

Cheers, Mick. :)

The Brakes, live @ Hark to Towler, Tottington. 04-02-11

If you want a rock/pop covers band around the Northwest/N.Wales area, book these guys!

'54 P bass!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried it unplugged and it felt and played very nicely!

Cheers, Mick. :)

Edited by Big Mick

[quote name='karlfer' post='1063219' date='Dec 19 2010, 08:07 AM']Can I play please?
Mine from Friday night, Flying Shuttle, Bury. (I am actually selling the Precision, but couldn't resist a last outing with her :) )
Boy was that a journey home! :)
Karl.[/quote]

This strikes me as odd.... to stack a 15 on top of a 4x10...???

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='J.R.Bass' post='1143707' date='Feb 27 2011, 07:16 PM']Always wanted to try Accugroove cabs. They look lovely![/quote]

Jake im playing at Joshua brooks in manchester, on march 27th (sunday) its a charity rock gig supporting eating disorders, ther are 5 bands playing and the organiser (our drummer)wants to use my rig, so pop along for a natter and hear it in action!!!

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='1143812' date='Feb 27 2011, 08:38 PM']Amazing rig lee!
I've tried the 2x accugroove cabs once before and loved them.
I bet your Smith is fantastic![/quote]

cheers geoff, unfortunatel i dont have the smith anymore, i had to sell it to help pay for last xmas, idid buy a very nice early chzech spector with an east pre,its a bit good and im very pleased with it, not my smith though :) as i told jake im playing at joshua brooks in manchester on the 27th march if you fancy a natter

Edited by lee650

[quote name='lee650' post='1144057' date='Feb 27 2011, 11:56 PM']Jake im playing at Joshua brooks in manchester, on march 27th (sunday) its a charity rock gig supporting eating disorders, ther are 5 bands playing and the organiser (our drummer)wants to use my rig, so pop along for a natter and hear it in action!!![/quote]

Trust it to be the weekend when i'm gigging at home!! If i'm back in time i'll definitely come along.