Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FS/FT: Mesa Boogie 1516EV *SOLD*

Beedster

Much as I've been trying to justify keeping it, with the increasing demands on space that my studio build is making, I can't. This is the dog's danglies of big, real man, high testosterone, shoot-first-ask-questions-later, take no prisoners, wrestle naked with hungry alligators, bass cabs. If you value your relationship, do not go out and leave this cab at home with your girlfriend.

It's essentially a 4-foot hi-fi cab optimised for bass. Not great at low volumes, but when you wind it up, it's monster. If you've got a Markbass head or similar, don't buy this cab, on principle it won't talk to it, and the vibration alone will put the head in therapy for years. This baby needs a big amp with big nasty valves to even think about getting out of bed in the morning. But once it's up.......

Weighs a ton, looks agricultural, hard to move, but worth it on every level

[attachment=60247:Mesa.jpg]

Collection/meet-up is best. Postage in the region of £450 :)

C

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='972216' date='Sep 29 2010, 11:19 PM']Much as I've been trying to justify keeping it, with the increasing demands on space that my studio build is making, I can't. This is the dog's danglies of big, real man, high testosterone, shoot-first-ask-questions-later, take no prisoners, wrestle naked with hungry alligators, bass cabs. If you value your relationship, do not go out and leave this cab at home with your girlfriend.

It's essentially a 4-foot hi-fi cab optimised for bass. Not great at low volumes, but when you wind it up, it's monster. If you've got a Markbass head or similar, don't buy this cab, on principle it won't talk to it, and the vibration alone will put the head in therapy for years. This baby needs a big amp with big nasty valves to even think about getting out of bed in the morning. But once it's up.......

Weighs a ton, looks agricultural, hard to move, but worth it on every level

[attachment=60247:Mesa.jpg]

Collection/meet-up is best. Postage in the region of £450 :lol:

C[/quote]
Keep the cab...remove the speakers and rent it out to Students....thats like a 3 bed flat :)

[quote name='tino' post='974530' date='Oct 1 2010, 07:52 PM']Keep the cab...remove the speakers and rent it out to Students....thats like a 3 bed flat :)[/quote]

Ever since 'the incident' and the ensuing legal action, the Mesa isn't allowed within 100m of students

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='974692' date='Oct 1 2010, 10:58 PM']Ever since 'the incident' and the ensuing legal action, the Mesa isn't allowed within 100m of students

C[/quote]

I've just showered my laptop with a mouthful of coffee after reading this....HILARIOUS!!!!
Good luck with the sale mate.

:) :lol: :) :)

Edited by Hoppo75

This was mine before going to Beedster Towers, and Cetera's before that. Without a doubt the best cab I ever owned; moves some serious air and the definition really is hi-fi - I absolutely loved it for fretless. I never tried bi-amping it with a crossover (it's got stereo separate inputs to the lower "woofer" and upper "tweeters", as well as mono option) but I bet it would sound amazing.

TBH it's no bigger than a standard 2x15, and it's heavy because it's built for a life on the road - proper thick birch ply and big beefy magnets on those EV drivers. With castors it's not a problem single-handed until you get to stairs - then you know who your mates / the grafters in the band are!

This has got to be one of the very best examples around, in superb condition - if I wasn't DI only these days I'd be having this back. :)

[quote name='Sean' post='978803' date='Oct 5 2010, 08:51 PM']NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :lol:[/quote]

Don't worry mate, strictly between you and me, this is going nowhere. I've taken over one room at the house with the studio, so the Mesa now lurks menacingly in the cupboard under the stairs. This means there's no room for anything else there, e.g., Mrs Beedster's shoe collection. I list it for sale here on a regular basis to keep the aforementioned good lady convinced of my good intentions towards her footwear logistics, all the while knowing that very few guys on BC have the balls to take on something as primal as the 1516. That way I get to keep it guilt-free, whilst regularly reminding the BC community what a real man I am :)

C

[quote name='Beedster' post='980556' date='Oct 7 2010, 02:15 PM']Don't worry mate, strictly between you and me, this is going nowhere. I've taken over one room at the house with the studio, so the Mesa now lurks menacingly in the cupboard under the stairs. This means there's no room for anything else there, e.g., Mrs Beedster's shoe collection. I list it for sale here on a regular basis to keep the aforementioned good lady convinced of my good intentions towards her footwear logistics, all the while knowing that very few guys on BC have the balls to take on something as primal as the 1516. That way I get to keep it guilt-free, whilst regularly reminding the BC community what a real man I am :)

C[/quote]

Thanks for that, Chris, I slept much better last night. If I had kids and a van I'd have to get one of these but unfortunately it's just me and a SEAT Altea XL for loading and unloading duties at my house most of the time.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys
I've had several PMs on this. As it's now on ebay with a couple of pending offers, I can only really deal with firm cash or trade offers and an agreement either to colect or meet up in the coming few days. I wish I could hold it a while as a couple of guys have asked, but one of the reasons I'm having to let it go is that it takes up a lot of space in my studio, and we're recording live over 5 days next week and I'd like this gone before then. Given it's been up for sale for almost two months, it's not like I haven;t given y'all enough notice is it!
Cheers
Chris