Why become a member? ×

YouTube cretins

bassbloke

Been looking at the JumDunlopUSA YouTube channel. Whilst most manufacturers have inane shredders and nobodies demoing their gear, Dunlop have the great Bobby Vega laying down some fantastic pick, fingerstyle and slap work on a number of demos. This is a man who has played on some absolutely classic recordings. He was in Sly and the family Stone for f*cks sake. Yet this is lost on the pr*cks of cyberspace who rip his playing apart.

Edited by bassbloke

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='962445' date='Sep 20 2010, 05:28 PM']Yeah he's a top player but come on man there's not a video on YouTube that doesn't have some retard trolling it.[/quote]

don't use the word 'retard' - it's not nice.

use a grown-up british word like 'shithead' or 'f**kwit"

My favourite Youtube comment sequence is on a live version of Dylan's "It takes a Train to Laugh ...". There's the usual charity celebrities on stage including Clapton and Tom Petty.

First commentard: Why do they let that arsehole sing? There's ten people on stage could sing it better than that.

Next commentard: That arsehole is Bob Dylan.

First commentard: Oh, sorry. Didn't recognise him. I'm only 14.

He was right too, there were 10 people on stage could have sung it better. :)

I aint seein no link neither... but on the subject of U tube W@nK3r$ there sure are LOTS... & I've no doubt seen about 0.5% of 'em at most. SO many playing this superfast slapping with NO FEEL whatsoever & no thought of playing to support a song.... IMO THE BASS'S ACTUAL part!!

re Mr Vega. I didn't know he played with Sly & family STone- after Mr. Graham left I take it???? No doubt he's doin exactly what I describe- playing a GROOVE- not some garbled fast slappity bappity rubbish that no-one can tell just how many bum notes are actually IN there!

There's a nice one, that popped under one of my playalongs to Jackson 5's tune..

[i]"this is pretty good, but somehow, there is not enough feel/groove in it...
maybe i should also post a video of this bassline, then u can tell me my notes are wrong ;D "[/i]

ah, you see, not [i]enough [/i]]feel..

[quote name='ahpook' post='962500' date='Sep 20 2010, 06:18 PM']don't use the word 'retard' - it's not nice.

use a grown-up british word like 'shithead' or 'f**kwit"[/quote]
The correct phrase for those types is Mong (or Mongs if there is more than one).

I cannot stand the guy called, I think, universalnote. He 'showcases a bass', by basically going into a shop and play the worst 'bass demo' nonsense Ive ever heard. Just random notes, awful technique, and doesnt even know what hes playing most the time.

He has quite a list of demos, and they are all a waste of time.