Why become a member? ×

FENDER 51 RE-ISSUE **SOLD PENDING**

tom1946

[quote name='tom1946' post='956929' date='Sep 15 2010, 09:43 AM']As title, bought from a friend who left it in its case for the last 10 years with good intentions about learning :)

He does live a long way away so I bought it a bit on spec really hoping I'd like it, I do like the sound very much but it's too big on the neck for me.

The first owner bought it new, contracted a fatal disease and never really used it so the condition today is as new.
Made in Japan.
High gloss see through finish with a great grain, lovely maple neck and board.
Fantastic deep sound off the single pickup.
String through.
Weight as near as I can say is 4.6kg.

I have a rectangular hard case (not Fender) that comes with it.

They are not made anymore and this is the nearest you'll get to a new one, totally unmolested.

Looking for £500 delivered, firm.

The only trade I'll consider is a MINT USA Jazz that I don't mind adding a few shimblats to as I know they are worth a little more.
Thank you for looking.[/quote]
Tom as Im very interested can you qualify the age you state is correct as the serial number comes back as 2009 theres also a P on sale on the bay with a similar serial No also MIJ and thats dated as 2009???

T

[quote name='tom1946' post='956929' date='Sep 15 2010, 09:43 AM']As title, bought from a friend who left it in its case for the last 10 years with good intentions about learning :)

He does live a long way away so I bought it a bit on spec really hoping I'd like it, I do like the sound very much but it's too big on the neck for me.

The first owner bought it new, contracted a fatal disease and never really used it so the condition today is as new.
Made in Japan.
High gloss see through finish with a great grain, lovely maple neck and board.
Fantastic deep sound off the single pickup.
String through.
Weight as near as I can say is 4.6kg.

I have a rectangular hard case (not Fender) that comes with it.

They are not made anymore and this is the nearest you'll get to a new one, totally unmolested.

Looking for £500 delivered, firm.

The only trade I'll consider is a MINT USA Jazz that I don't mind adding a few shimblats to as I know they are worth a little more.
Thank you for looking.[/quote]
Tom as Im very interested can you qualify the age you state is correct as the serial number comes back as 2009 theres also a P on sale on the bay with a similar serial No also MIJ and thats dated as 2009???

T

[quote name='Paul_C' post='957712' date='Sep 15 2010, 09:20 PM']according to this site [url="http://www.mijfenders.com/frmframe.htm"]http://www.mijfenders.com/frmframe.htm[/url] - "Made In Japan" instruments are pre-1997 (recent ones are "Crafted In Japan"), and a T+ six digit serial no. is 1994 - 95[/quote]
Some of the reissues todat have Made in Japan

I bought a brand spanking new Telecaster from Japan in 2008/9 and that has an R serial number and Made in Japan,I know its confusing but it seems to be how it is with the reissue series..........damn those inscrutible nips......they started out perfecting smaller now they have moved on to older :) :rolleyes: :lol: :o :o :P

Edited by tino

Uhm, those basses are discontinued now. They disappeared from Fender web-site and butterscotch color version is already rare in the most part of european stores.
Hurry up, someone buy it before they start to heading up with the price. And trust me, in a couple of months will be a bloodbath to buy one. :)
Take this as a bump, 'cause I just have one of it.

Phew, minefield!

I know for a fact that my mate has owned it for the last 10 years and never used it and as said it was owned by his friend's family after he died so the serial date is correct :)
I'm starting to wonder if I should keep it......

[quote name='tom1946' post='957937' date='Sep 16 2010, 05:07 AM']Phew, minefield!

I know for a fact that my mate has owned it for the last 10 years and never used it and as said it was owned by his friend's family after he died so the serial date is correct :rolleyes:
I'm starting to wonder if I should keep it......[/quote]
Hey Tom,
Mine's MIJ - T serial# & I've always believed it to be 94/95 - as stated above the CIJ T serial #s are made in the 2000's.
I spotted a subtle difference between these, the 'string through ferrules' seem to be recessed on yours, on mine they sit proud.
As for capturing the Butterscotch colour :) I think Yellows are the hardest for digital cameras to reproduce! I just grabbed these with my Nokia mobile, should show up :lol:

Edited by KiOgon