Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='budget bassist' post='583532' date='Aug 28 2009, 01:35 PM']That SGZ is stunning! I remember seeing one on ebay ages ago and [b]having REALLY bad GAS[/b]![/quote]
Yeah, might want to talk to a doctor about that. It can really mess with your social life :)

Zach

My former rig with 2 Eden D210XST
There's a C300 compressor from TC Electronics, a furman powerconditioner, MP11, PPA600, korg tuner, and ART Nightbass.
They ar all cased now :)

And a 4x10XST
Another shot with my single TRACE amp

This is the rigg I use today.
I played Trace heads and cabs someting like 23 years.
I only pplayed Eden for a year or 2 (these are super cabs, but they didn't have the "trace sound".
So I waited for the "post gibson" line to come out

I'm still waiting on my second 1048H becaurse I like to play stereo.
I use an MP11 in the effectsloop of the ART Nightbass and power that with my "tank" the PPA600
In december this tank will be replaced with the new AH1200-12 from trace.

My main ax and PPA 600 on big "rubbers" :rolleyes:

Edited by johnbob

[quote name='Kev' post='583498' date='Aug 28 2009, 01:07 PM']here's my little rig

[attachment=31789:DSC00672.JPG]

My modded vintage icon p
True bypass loop (bass pod > bass eq)
Peavey BW Combo 300 (beast!)
Tapco Mixer
iMac (off pic)

Im happy with it anyways :)[/quote]Nice one Kev, what do you think of the Combo 300?

[quote name='ped' post='584362' date='Aug 29 2009, 11:07 AM']Superb Trace rig. I like the look of the MP11. Nearly got one myself actually. How do you find the Peavey era cabs compared to the older ones?[/quote]
Hej Ped
The MP11 is a nice gadget.
The presets are super to work with.
About the "peavey era cabs"
Well....TRACE IS FINALLY BACK after many years.
I've played the old 4x10"s combined with the 1818x.
This was a monstrous rigg
Trace watt's are realy something else :)

The new line is superb.
They are LOUD and very tight in sound.
A little bit more distinctive that the cabs from the ealry years...but 100% Trace again.
This is very hard to explain, being Dutch hahahaha :rolleyes:
But now Trace is having a hard time making the "wrongs right again".
This is the legacy that Gibson left behind.
The old Trace Elliot dealers in the Benelux lack trust due to Gibsons way of doing business.

But the marketing machine of Peavey will help, I'm sure of that.
Trace will need some time to settle in between all the other brands.
But what fender is to the bass guitar, Trace is to the amplification.
Only for that it should get it's well deserved place back again.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='584377' date='Aug 29 2009, 11:29 AM']what's that stringless wonder on the right?[/quote]
Well this is a long story...
In short, this is a bass build by an ex employee of Alembic (initials BC)
The bone structure of this bass is fantastic.
But the finish and form/contours of the body of this bass were bad.
So I stripped it and started to give it more shape.
Now I'm still working on it (sanding, sanding and more sanding) hahaha

Edited by johnbob

[quote name='steve-soar' post='584483' date='Aug 29 2009, 01:51 PM']Nice one Kev, what do you think of the Combo 300?[/quote]
Very clean sound, and has a pretty powerful eq section which works really well :) It is LOUD, and it doesn't like backs :rolleyes:

[quote name='johnbob' post='584315' date='Aug 29 2009, 09:40 AM']My former rig with 2 Eden D210XST
There's a C300 compressor from TC Electronics, a furman powerconditioner, MP11, PPA600, korg tuner, and ART Nightbass.
They ar all cased now :)[/quote]
An outstanding rig and some really lovely basses - it would be great to see more of the latter (you have some unusual and boutique items in there: it's always good to see something out of the ordinary). I'm massively impressed by the MP11. I've not had a chance to try one but have been a big fan of Trace since the Eighties - I'm just about to take delivery of a Trace again this week

At the "Aguilar Easter Bunny" stage I thought I was done...

Hmm...somehow I'm looking at this rig instead and I'm an even happier bunny :)

Really loving the RH450 so far, nice compliments from the FOH soundman at Saturdays gig and only once did I manage to stand on the mute switch by mistake when it was behind me!

[attachment=31908:IMGP2102.JPG]

[attachment=31909:phone_001.jpg]

Here is my rig that I have just finished putting together. Not the prettiest rig but it does me. Sold my aguilar rig and decided to get something more portable and as cheap as possible. Put this together for £400. Sorry for bad pic, its off the phone. T

[quote name='Basszilla' post='585663' date='Aug 31 2009, 11:13 AM']Slave to the grind

gt200 into berg nv610[/quote]

Awesome rig. How you finding the GT200? Really thinking of getting one after a visit to the factory the other week. How are you finding it? Enough EQ?
Digging the Argonaut tunes on Myspazz :)

Thanks JG appreciate your kind words. We'll have to get some shows on down brizzle with your band (you can try the gt then if u like) as we're struggling to get any shows around here.

Yeah the GT200 is brilliant, perfect for my needs. Absolutely massive bottom end and plenty of natural dirt which is what I go for. I find it really compliments active basses in that it can take out some of the brittleness and replace it with girth.

The EQ is quite basic but it does a good job. There's not really a bad sound to be found. And between the depth/drive/eq + bass eq a multitude of sounds can be achieved. I tend to run it full bore as i'm not really looking for a clean sound..tend to stick a bluebeard and wah in front of it as well which sounds great.

[quote name='TGEvans' post='585634' date='Aug 31 2009, 10:07 AM'][attachment=31909:phone_001.jpg]

Here is my rig that I have just finished putting together. Not the prettiest rig but it does me. Sold my aguilar rig and decided to get something more portable and as cheap as possible. Put this together for £400. Sorry for bad pic, its off the phone. T[/quote]

That's one of my favourite cabs ever.

Yeah did previously own an ad200 which is a lovely amp in it's own right plus it's lot lighter to carry than the gt200!

In short, the matamp > than the orange. Tone is a subjective thing, but for me the matamp is perfect. Both good amps though.

It's louder, has more depth, thicker tones, more snarl and is obviously extremely well made.. How much of the immediate tonal differences are attributed to the jj KT88s in my power section as appose to the 6550s in the orange, I don't know.

The matamp is also definitely less 'peaky' than the orange in terms of the compression you get from the valves...smoother response, more natural sounding.

I'll post some recordings when I can. I've got clips of the orange and the matamp somewhere....

[quote name='Basszilla' post='585884' date='Aug 31 2009, 05:30 PM']Yeah did previously own an ad200 which is a lovely amp in it's own right plus it's lot lighter to carry than the gt200!

In short, the matamp > than the orange. Tone is a subjective thing, but for me the matamp is perfect. Both good amps though.

It's louder, has more depth, thicker tones, more snarl and is obviously extremely well made.. How much of the immediate tonal differences are attributed to the jj KT88s in my power section as appose to the 6550s in the orange, I don't know.

The matamp is also definitely less 'peaky' than the orange in terms of the compression you get from the valves...smoother response, more natural sounding.

I'll post some recordings when I can. I've got clips of the orange and the matamp somewhere....[/quote]
What sort of music do you play? and can i be cheeky and ask how much they both cost? I'm loving my ABM, but in the not so immediate future, a full valve amp would be really cool

[quote name='budget bassist' post='585927' date='Aug 31 2009, 05:58 PM']What sort of music do you play? and can i be cheeky and ask how much they both cost? I'm loving my ABM, but in the not so immediate future, a full valve amp would be really cool[/quote]

www.myspace.com/argonautofsouthwales There are three old songs on there from our first album which I recorded with my old markbass. We are sort of a blend of metal/hardcore/rock/doom I suppose. Our sound changes from song to song really, the newer stuff is different again.

The gt cost 1300 I think and the berg cost me 900 from the states a couple of years back.

Don't get me wrong i'm not made of money, just upgraded and sold old gear on, occasionally adding money here and there to get what I want.