Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

This is my stuff:

No fancy cabs, but it's all good.
(Zoom 708II courtesy of Wooks).
NAD 3020i amp for monitoring
Hartke wedge for non-fecked-about-with playing
Zoom Studio 1201, Boss rc20xl, Marshall Reflector, Echohead, Vibratrem, GLX Noise gate, Boss SYB-3, Zoom 607II, Zoom 708II
Oxygen8v2
Yamaha QY70
Tosh Satellite uber laptop
Cakewalk Sonar Powerstudio 660
Various footswitches inc. RedOnionSolutions loop switch and one for the Boss looper
Couple of Mission Speakers
Aria ProII Bass.

That's me.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='283068' date='Sep 13 2008, 09:47 AM']Interesting bass. Looks like an Overwater Original but with newer style pickups controls and bridge. Can you tell us more?[/quote]

It's a 2001 Overwater Progress in original body shape so it doesn't have the newest preamp in it but thats fine by me as that just has like a bright switch that I would never use.

The top on it is the same as the one they used on a C bass for John Entwistle just further down in the wood so basically an identical top.

Bought it here a few weeks ago.

Here is the ad

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=26420&view=findpost&p=270979"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=270979[/url]

Gives loads of info and pics

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='283069' date='Sep 13 2008, 09:55 AM']My back is cringing at the sight of the flightcases never mind what is in them :)

Just out of interest what are you replacing the CXL 12s with or is the 4x10 the replacement?[/quote]

Iamp800 and 4x10 have both been sold today :huh: and I'm replacing the other cabs with most likely 2 Matamp 2x15's

And yes the flightcases are heavy but you rarely lift them as they have wheels, and we have crew anyway.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='283302' date='Sep 13 2008, 06:35 PM']It's a 2001 Overwater Progress in original body shape so it doesn't have the newest preamp in it but thats fine by me as that just has like a bright switch that I would never use.

The top on it is the same as the one they used on a C bass for John Entwistle just further down in the wood so basically an identical top.

Bought it here a few weeks ago.

Here is the ad

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=26420&view=findpost&p=270979"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=270979[/url]

Gives loads of info and pics[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

I can remember this from when it was on eBay and I considered a punt but had my eye on a couple of other bass at the same time...

Just as well for you that the for sale thread listed this as a Progress (and therefore I didn't look at it) otherwise I might have made a more serious bid for this bass... ;-)

Wonderful looking bass - I bet you're enjoying that!

(And should you ever decide it's not for you let me know...)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='283304' date='Sep 13 2008, 06:36 PM']Iamp800 and 4x10 have both been sold today :) and I'm replacing the other cabs with most likely 2 Matamp 2x15's

And yes the flightcases are heavy but you rarely lift them as they have wheels, and we have crew anyway.[/quote]

I tried the Overwater at Ste's the other day, it's massive and sounds it too!!

This has saved my back no end. Sounds amazing too, the projection you get through the mix is fantastic.

The LMK is great - it just has the versatility edge over a Little Mark II, switching from CH1 to CH2 and Mix is a great feature and has given me tons of ideas. I'm still in the getting to know it phase and still having lots of Moments of Truth. I wish I'd gone down this route years ago.

[quote name='ped' post='284160' date='Sep 15 2008, 12:46 PM']Verbal ownage!!

When we meet up I will dish out some aural ownage!

ped[/quote]

(you might need to borrow a speaker for that, unless you intend on using a set of headphones!) :)

Whats happened about your trolley/bbq construction? that still going ahead? GET SOME PHOTO'S UP!!

No no I meant I will give him a thick ear!! ;0)

I am looking into getting some powered speaker stereo setup at the moment...

The BBQ idea went out of the window after I made the rack unit (the pod) redundant after a weekend of playing around. Now I ONLY use the vbass so there is no need for a case containing the Vbass and other gubbins. I probably should get a pedalboard type case for it at some point though.

Eazy now
ped