Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Hi to all. Been watching Eurovision and want to kill something. Instead, I'll post some pics of my new rig. Ampeg SVP Pro with Bergantino IP310.
Warning! the AccuGrooves now belong to someone else but I thought I'd post the pics anyway.
Big thanks to Mark and Terry.

Cheers Steve.

Edited by steve-soar

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='206663' date='May 26 2008, 05:16 PM']Real nice set up Steve, would have loved to get my hands on that Berg cab!

Jake[/quote]Hi Jake, how's the 4x10 working out? It's 4 ohms, so you'll still get 500w out the Fafner, nearly had it. :)
The Berg is magnificent, totally shocked me. It goes so deep and it's so effin' loud. It's heavy, compared to the AccuGrooves, which were stupidly light but it's one cab and a pre, instead of two cabs, power amp, pre, loads of leads.
I don't have the volume on the cab turned up past 1/3 because books fell off the shelf and my acoustic started to play itself, it's evil. :huh:

[quote]Hi Jake, how's the 4x10 working out? It's 4 ohms, so you'll still get 500w out the Fafner, nearly had it.
The Berg is magnificent, totally shocked me. It goes so deep and it's so effin' loud. It's heavy, compared to the AccuGrooves, which were stupidly light but it's one cab and a pre, instead of two cabs, power amp, pre, loads of leads.
I don't have the volume on the cab turned up past 1/3 because books fell off the shelf and my acoustic started to play itself, it's evil.[/quote]

The 410's really really god, its got everything i need volume and sound wise. I always preferred the 210 to my 212 and this is better than both, i must be a 10" speaker kinda guy! lol.
Real glad your amps sorted!

Jake

[quote name='steantval' post='209226' date='May 29 2008, 10:37 PM'][attachment=9182:P3210008.JPG]

Loud and Light......[/quote]

I've just gone from my Aggie/Epi rig to one of the Mark Bass 2x10 combo's and Im mightly impressed. Id love to hear it with that 1x15 added as well!!!

[quote name='bassmanady' post='209263' date='May 29 2008, 11:35 PM']Loud and Heavy[/quote]
what you think about it?
i have bassman 250/115 combo its loud sounds ok but dunno why I would like to swop it for ashdown abm 2x10 combo..
just can't thind anyone for swop..

[quote name='fifeq' post='209476' date='May 30 2008, 10:57 AM']what you think about it?
i have bassman 250/115 combo its loud sounds ok but dunno why I would like to swop it for ashdown abm 2x10 combo..
just can't thind anyone for swop..[/quote]
If i was to go back to using a combo,it would be a 2X10,i personally think its best generally for most styles of music,then add a 1x15 ext cab to it if needed
I have not tried the Ashdown abm 2x10 combo,but they are very good amps.

At last I think I've come home and GAS is no more, my ultra portable huge sounding rig. Bonus is just take 1 cab to practices and double em up for gigs! I've come to the conclusion that 15's are my sort of sound and to have the two is bliss.

Edited by phsycoandy

OK Budget Bassist, you're really starting to weird me out...you have the same rather niche bass as me (Toby Pro V), you have the same fireplace as me in the middle of your living room wall, and you joined BC on my 24th birthday...

Are you my evil twin, or am I yours? Now there's a question... :)

[quote name='budget bassist' post='210014' date='May 31 2008, 10:08 AM']Haha sorry :)

Also there's no fireplace there, just a mantlepiece

Oh and that's my bedroom, do you really think my parents would let me put a metallica poster in the living room? :huh: ... And the toby pro is nice eh? :huh:[/quote]

It is! I love it to bits, I can't imagine doing much better 'bang for your buck' wise. My only criticism of the dear little thing is the weight - they are not light.

[quote name='trent900' post='210158' date='May 31 2008, 03:36 PM']It is! I love it to bits, I can't imagine doing much better 'bang for your buck' wise. My only criticism of the dear little thing is the weight - they are not light.[/quote]
Yeah, i've always said they're not great, but for what i paid (£200) it's fantastic. I really like the necks on them too, really fast! And yeah, it does make your shoulder ache after a while eh? :)

My turn.

Nothing fancy, just an enormous sounding set up.

Hartke 410XL,4.5XL driven by the Trace 1210 on the right. I plan to remove the head section from the Trace, put it in a box being made by one of our guitarists and use it as a proper head unit (I'm sick of lugging the combo around unnecessarily)
The whole thing sounds huge and I love it.

In the foreground is my stunning Shuker Elite. It's a work of true craftsmanship.