Why become a member? ×

Suspect stingray

bassmeg

I am 100% sure that it's not kosher.

Initial guess is an OLP but the sanding marks on the stock are not right for an OLP logo.
Body looks wrong, edges on the horns are too angled.

Seems wierd they would had a MM hardcase for it but who knows.

EDIT-

Look at the sellers over items, I don't know anything about Gucci Bags, Diesel Hoodys or G Star jeans but I would bet cash money they ain't kosher!

Edited by throwoff

[quote name='witterth' post='941131' date='Aug 31 2010, 05:18 PM']The bridge says OLP to me Ive had one, not the right "quality"
KWIM?[/quote]

MB1. :)
...Definately Not Top Quality KWIM ?.... Fnarr Fnarr! :rolleyes:

Edited by MB1

String tree in the wrong position for starters? The logo is more than dodge obviously... oh and where's the jack socket? Bridge is beyond dodge. If we could get a picture of the back... that would be the nail in the coffin.

Anyway seems like a potential bargain way of getting a MM case.

For fireworks, link to it on the Ernie Ball forum :)

Edited by EBS_freak

Saw this last night and considered posting on here.

Fake fake fake. The hardware seems to be OLP, the neck sure ain't, decal is so shocking it doesn't warrant mentioning.
Far from being an innocent mistake, as the "ooh I don't know much about basses" BS suggests, I think it's a proper scam because of the additional touches like the case and strap buttons.

If anyone's gonna hit it with the report stick can you at least wait to near the end, I think it would be funny to see what the clowns are willing to pay for it.

Sellers reply to suggesting the items listing was re-written.

"Hi, Thanks for your message. I've listed it under OLP/Music Man and i've clearly stated i know nothing about the item, I haven't said it is genuine or not as i have no idea"

FOOLING NO-ONE!

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='941283' date='Aug 31 2010, 07:40 PM']On the side like all good 3 eq's are. :)[/quote]

3 band eq with that headstock logo? Anyway, I've asked for a picture of the rear of the bass... lets check for battery compartments and contours...

Edited by EBS_freak

"Hi, Sure the bass is in good order with no nicks or dents; there is no serial number on the back of the top presumably because it’s of the Official Licenced Product (OLP) rather than being made in the Ernie ball factory. Apart from that it is in A1 condition and my ex was using it in a professional touring band"

Hmm... the plot thickens...

Oh dear, someone is in for a nasty surprise when that gets delivered!!

You would hope that bidders would do a little research on what they are bidding on - you've only got to look at the lack of serial number and the shape to see it isn't a genuine Stingray or even and OLP...

Anyone know where I can get one of those Musicman decals from? Got an old MM copy worth about £50 that it looks like I could get more for...