Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Customer Service

elom

When I got my combo (Ashdown MAGC210) out of the boot after a gig a couple of weeks ago I noticed that one of the control knobs had disappeared. Bummer.

I emailed Ashdown to find out where I might be able to get a replacement from and they just said no worries, we'll put one in the post. And they did, at no cost and now my amp looks like it should again.

That might not be much and it probably only cost them 50p but it is the kind of thing that counts in my book. So fair play to them, a little customer service goes a long way!

[quote name='Machines' post='106325' date='Dec 19 2007, 07:37 AM']Same experience here. [b]Martin Burrows [/b]sent me a screw cap for my ABM when I told him I was missing one.

He even replies to my endless torrent of stupid questions.[/quote]

Yup that's the fella, a guy named Guy Morel has been most helpful too.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='106376' date='Dec 19 2007, 10:09 AM']Yup that's the fella, a guy named Guy Morel has been most helpful too.[/quote]

I've called Guy on a number of occasions, usually with dumb questions :)

I never passed physics 'O' Level, so sometimes they really were dumb!

He's always been really helpful... talking me through stuff I should know.

As none of my Ashdown gear has ever broken down I've not needed spares.

But just try getting that level of personal attention from various other companies.

Three years ago I had a major blow-up of my ABM500EVO at a Sunday rehearsal. It was just over a year after I bought it. I called Ashdown ffirst thing on Monday morning and they said send it back. It was back with me by Friday ready for an important gig at the weekend. 18 months later one of the knobs got broken off in the van. They sent me a replacement completely fee of charge. Excellent customer support.

The ABM is now my back-up/Jam/any users amp and working faultlessly.

Same here. When I had problems before, they were very quick in responding to my enquiries and they've given my ABM500evoII a tidy up twice (once when it started to crackle intermitently and I can't remember the other reason).

Shame the DI on the front doesn't work anymore though, it certainly feels cheeky asking them to fix it for a third time lol.

• 2 years later...

MB1. :)
...Fantastic Customer Service as Usual!...The Person i needed to speak to was busy when i phoned...i left my number and was called back within 15 minutes..... Excellent Service!
Item recieved this morning!...Many Thanks Guy! :rolleyes:

Edited by MB1

[quote name='bassmansky' post='903784' date='Jul 24 2010, 09:26 AM']Always been good to me,cant praise them enough.[/quote]
+1

They could not have been more helpful when I wanted to 'update' my Mini48 cab to look the same as my Little Bastard cab.

Superb customer service, always reply to emails, a good example to some others!

Cheerz, John.

+ 1 Ashdown customer service has been fantastic... they've always answered my daft question emails, and a couple of years ago built me a custom combo evo III cab with a 2u rack space which I bloody love..... wait a min they didn't answer my email about an amp sleeve for my combo amp..... mmmm i'll chase that one up.... apart from that they've been superb, and i've just seen they've posted a reply to a thread about the 'Little Bastard' and 'Spyder' amps...

• 1 year later...

I'm a recent convert to Ashdown, but Guy has always been fantastic responding to the barrage of emails I've sent to him.

[quote name='KiOgon' post='906246' date='Jul 26 2010, 07:35 PM']They could not have been more helpful when I wanted to 'update' my Mini48 cab to look the same as my Little Bastard cab.[/quote]

That's funny, as when I asked the same question they weren't willing to help! :)

This is odd. I have been emailing them with regard to my EB 180-12 for the past month and have heard nothing. I have requested access to the schematics (the VU meter is non-operational) and even registered for the latest news on the website, and to date absolutely nothing so far. Puzzled.

:)

Ross

[quote name='walbassist' post='1364214' date='Sep 6 2011, 04:04 PM']That's funny, as when I asked the same question they weren't willing to help! :lol:[/quote]
Perhaps it helped that I'd just bought the Little Bastard + cab from them :) or perhaps you spoke to the wrong guy :)