Why become a member? ×

How may Basses do we own collectively on Basschat?

G-77

[quote name='G-77' post='106129' date='Dec 18 2007, 06:42 PM']that currently an average of 5.4 basses each, now if all 2000 member of BC have about 5.4 basses that almost 11,000 basses !!!! :huh:[/quote]
Very optimistic indeed :) It seems likely that those members who haven't posted are those who either don't use basschat much (suggesting that a significant proportion have perhaps given up on bass and sold all their gear or at least not invested in 5.4 basses...) or they're embarrassed that they only have 1 - I'm sure there must be more people out there with 1! And I doubt there are many more with over 20... So I'd guesstimate that somewhere around 5,000 is more likely

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='106157' date='Dec 18 2007, 07:56 PM']There may be some with a huge number and who are still embarrassed :)[/quote]
Quite so, but I consider it very unlikely! Of course, there might be some who are too busy playing all of their basses to notice this thread... in any case, we shouldn't assume that basschat is representative of all bassists everywhere

[quote name='queenofthedepths' post='106149' date='Dec 18 2007, 07:29 PM']or they're embarrassed that they only have 1 - I'm sure there must be more people out there with 1![/quote]

they shouldn't be embarrased of only playing one i only have one and yet i still said i had it because i'm proud to be a player and lover of bass!!

phew said my peice

aure voi!

Edited by teen t-shirt

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='106200' date='Dec 18 2007, 09:55 PM']they shouldn't be embarrased of only playing one i only have one and yet i still said i had it because i'm proud to be a player and lover of bass!!

phew said my peice

aure voi![/quote]

Quite right, I mean how many basses can you play at any one time?