Why become a member? ×

Where Have You All Come From?

Pete Academy

[quote name='sprocketflup' post='886078' date='Jul 5 2010, 09:44 AM']Im a (relatively) new face - hurrah!!

But I need to know - Dave Vader, what is going on in your avatar? It looks like the story of the Titanic remade using bass hardware :)[/quote]

That is how to get a Jazz pickup out of a crappy bass from a car boot sale, when the screw heads have completely stripped.
Drill 'em. and watch the mess.
Was a shot from a project thread on another forum, I liked it enough to make it an avatar.

[quote name='MythSte' post='885993' date='Jul 5 2010, 02:24 AM']It was all dood. Seriously, Ever tried saying no to a wookie? this is comparable.[/quote]

rofl!!

[quote name='teen t-shirt' post='885996' date='Jul 5 2010, 02:42 AM']i commend you for your efforts... :lol:
i can see how dood would be a very dominant lover though :rolleyes:[/quote]

Just spreading the love, in the way a Predator should :)

Right, who's next? :lol:

[quote name='blackmn90' post='885979' date='Jul 5 2010, 01:00 AM']Actually true :lol: plus u guys are very cool[/quote]

I don't know about that - I work very hard indeed to make sure I'm always utterly uncool :rolleyes:

[quote name='Dave Vader' post='886017' date='Jul 5 2010, 07:39 AM']Yep, got tired of the yanks, wanted people who understand the british sweaty pub gig, and get Irony... :lol:[/quote]

I used to like the sweaty British pub gig. Now I like quiet jazz gigs, big band gigs & theatre jobs. Ahhh :)

To quote Mr.Baldrick - "Irony? That's a bit like brassy, but made from iron, isn't it?" :lol:

"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this forum with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

I'm almost one year old on Basschat, I'm so excited. :) I'm not expecting a present or anything, just told to shut up and stop being so annoying.

It's good to see so many new faces. Personally I think people have heard of Ped's plans for a Basschat shop!

Basschat's a great place, if it wasn't for this bit of cyberspace my bass would probably just collect dust, it really has kept me interested in playing. Although my playing would be better if I spent less time on here :rolleyes: Lots of great people on here new and old.

[quote name='silddx' post='885960' date='Jul 5 2010, 12:10 AM']They're all joining up to take advantage of the amazing deals in the For Sale threads I reckon :rolleyes:[/quote]

^This^ And also after lurking for a while, I figured I may as well take the plunge. I mean...what's the worst that could happen... :)

I joined up for some advice on a pup problem with my beloved Jazz having got back on the horse a year ago after about 9 years off.

Since then, I've bought a new amp from the for sale section, some new pups after reading the glowing recommendations of Wizard and I've signed up for lessons with Nick Carey following similar basschatter reviews. I've also commissioned a new custom built cab from one of our guitarists who [url="http://www.martamp.com/"]makes his own amps[/url] (shameless plug, but they are very nice). All my gear was due for an upgrade anyway. Honest!

Oh, and I'm skint! You b******s! :)

I've happily owned two basses. Ever. One at a time. For the past 17 years.

Now I find myself thinking 'Hmmm, I wonder what a CIJ Precision in Oly white feels like........'

BTW, I got some great advice from some very nice people on the original pup problem. The Wizards transformed my tone and let me find my place in the mix (right underneath, driving it along). So I'm definitely in the 'isn't it lovely here, you're my best mates, you are' camp.

AC

[quote name='steve-soar' post='885706' date='Jul 4 2010, 07:19 PM']That is one of the best quotes and signatures ever on Basschat, welcome Mr Anvil. :)[/quote]

Why, thanks :rolleyes:

Been doing bass about 2/3 weeks, and have got my first jam in about 3 weeks.

A lad at work plays drums, another lad I know plays guitar, so we are all learning With Or Without You by U2 and meeting up in a village hall to have a 'go'.

I have contacted a tutor, not heard back yet if places available - only sent email today.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='886564' date='Jul 5 2010, 06:45 PM']I don't know about that - I work very hard indeed to make sure I'm always utterly uncool :)[/quote]

By rules i learnt from the simpsons saying that makes you cool, im sorry OutToPlayJazz you cannot win :rolleyes:

When I joined a little over 2 years ago everyone said there was a shortage of bassists & having less than 3000 members kinda reflected this.
Now we have over 10000 members, does that mean work's gonna be tight for us or are we just gonna have to do what guitarists do & double up?

Anyway, a warm welcome all you noobies, I was one too once!