Why become a member? ×

After not getting the Jaco thing at all ..

xilddx

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='851442' date='May 29 2010, 08:45 PM']Hahaha! That's good, but not quite as good as the Mark King parody...

[/quote]

Thing is, the guy doing the overdub must really be able to play - Just like Les Dawson used to do with Piano.

We have put these videos on over a PA when there was too much noise going on in the shop.

Funny how soon people stop making a racket!

Never really understood the whole 'bass-as-lead-instrument' thing. I mean, come on, Bass solos? Eech.. probably very clever but less than entertaining. More cringe-inducing than drum solos.

Just don't get it.

Edited by Starless

Although funny at time, the main problem with these parodies is that not everyone gets them. I don't know Jaco, Kings of Leon or Manring's music at all. I wondered why the audience were very quiet in Jaco's performance...I had no idea until the postings above that it wasn't really him playing in that video. These may be done out of jocular respect...but YouTube is global the gag backfires somewhat if you aren't in on this private joke!

I've seen him do this sort of piece before where he records a loop and plays over it..and his playing then was stunning and typically Jaco.
However, you can't put a time period on this so it could well have been him when he wasn't very well at all.
I'd have accepted that and been saddened at what it had all come to..

As it is a spoof..I am not at all bothered