Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-40 Basses

FlatEric

[quote name='FlatEric' timestamp='1375253978' post='2158764']

Ohhh, yyyessssss.

Feast your eyes on that! :)

:)
[/quote]

I thought rosewood only happened for one year and it was in the blade era?

That tan burst is lovely though. Bursts suit the 40 so well!.

Edited by cocco

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1375250776' post='2158743']
My T-40 doesn't get out too much. It does indeed do these sounds but it can't do a decent P bass I find.
[/quote]

There is definitely an element missing from it for a P bass, but lets not forget it doesn't have a pickup in the P bass position. It can do warm and growly and warm and mellow though, just in more of a Gibson way.

Yes, it also does the Telebass with the humbucker a treat. I'm keeping mine as an occasional rehearsal instrument but I won't gig it again anytime soon. It's unique and dynamic enough for me to keep as a curiosity/possible investment.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1375266020' post='2158948']
Yes, it also does the Telebass with the humbucker a treat. I'm keeping mine as an occasional rehearsal instrument but I won't gig it again anytime soon. It's unique and dynamic enough for me to keep as a curiosity/possible investment.
[/quote]

Exactly. They seem to be going up a bit recently. I wonder how the T-45 would fair as a P bass. Its the single pickup in the centre version of the 40

• 4 months later...

I am currently in chicago for work, and saw this on TV while having breakfast

[url="http://morningnews.wgntv.com/2013/12/06/plain-white-ts-perform-the-giving-tree-live/"]http://morningnews.wgntv.com/2013/12/06/plain-white-ts-perform-the-giving-tree-live/[/url]

A natural T40, played by a current and (moderately) popular band :)

(don't particularly like the song though)

• 1 month later...

We just recorded a promo demo for our covers band. all bass parts recorded using the T40 in a few different configurations. Heaps of praise from the engineer, who had never seen or recorded one. I'll post some tracks when we're done mixing and mastering.

Here are the tracks, as promised.

Mostly played with bridge pickup tone on 7, neck pickup tone pot at minimum, both pickup volumes fully open, both pickups on, and played fingerstyle digging in really hard!

https://soundcloud.com/marco-razeto/sets/not-dead-yet-demo-jan-2014

• 6 months later...

Just wanted to share pictures of my T40. I bought it last year from Ken Achard; it was presented to Ken by Hartley Peavey..... Made of magnolia, no scratchplate, figured maple neck and serial no 007.
It is immaculate and apart from some setting up plays perfectly. I play it every day.....

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1408475940' post='2530614']
what kind of price is a red one worth with a hard case but no pickups, might take the pups out of my other basss though
[/quote]

Depending on condition probably £550 tops complete.

[quote name='stevetut' timestamp='1408463317' post='2530449']
Just wanted to share pictures of my T40. I bought it last year from Ken Achard; it was presented to Ken by Hartley Peavey..... Made of magnolia, no scratchplate, figured maple neck and serial no 007.
It is immaculate and apart from some setting up plays perfectly. I play it every day.....
[/quote]

Oooooft, very nice! I picked up a white one earlier this year and I LOVE it!

[/quote] lovely! does it weigh more or less made of magnolia?

[/quote]

Oh my, Oh my, Oh my!!!!! :gas: :gas: :gas:

You have it!

More pics from my little pile of Forty pics. :)

You lucky, lucky. . . . . you know the rest!

A truly unique Peavey.

The best bit about your post. . . . . .
"I play it every day"

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers. :)