Why become a member? ×

Leland Sklar

steviedee

He's a very cool guy too. Has this screen saver on his PC at home full of photos of friends giving him the finger. Also runs a '23 Ford T-Bucket with a twin turbo V8 and nitrous putting out about 1200bhp.

[quote name='jakesbass' post='844629' date='May 21 2010, 09:17 PM']I'm watching it now...
great player! And Russ Kunkel has a great sounding kit[/quote]

+1

Always loved his playing and his attitude/approach.
Seem to remember at one time James Taylor planning live dates/tours around when Leland was available.
Then when people like Phil Collins started using him for their sessions , James seemed to start using Jimmy Johnson more - another
great player too.

[quote name='OldGit' post='844657' date='May 21 2010, 09:45 PM']His Pickups are on backwards!
What's with these backwards P Pickuos? They look so wrong to my eyes..[/quote]

yep... deffo

but I liked the show and Carol King was good as well. You forget how many great songs she wrote

[quote name='casapete' post='844882' date='May 22 2010, 09:35 AM']+1

Always loved his playing and his attitude/approach.
Seem to remember at one time James Taylor planning live dates/tours around when Leland was available.
Then when people like Phil Collins started using him for their sessions , James seemed to start using Jimmy Johnson more - another
great player too.[/quote]

I once heard Jimmy Johnson say that he feels like he's been depping for Leland for 20 years

Why do all James Tayor songs sound the same? he he!!! - Yes, he is great and instantly recogniseable - but I watched JT with Carole and then the JT solo thing later on and I think he played the same song with different words ten times!

[quote name='dood' post='845055' date='May 22 2010, 01:13 PM']Why do all James Tayor songs sound the same? he he!!! - Yes, he is great and instantly recogniseable - but I watched JT with Carole and then the JT solo thing later on and I think he played the same song with different words ten times![/quote]

"You've got dead ears, mate" Copyright Russel Crowe, 2010

How dare you, sir!

Well Ok, a bit ..

I liked the way that he still jumps up to signify the end of the drum bit at the end of a song. :)
Also Carol King conducting with her bum :rolleyes:

I'm watching the JT & CK gig right now - I love CK's voice now that she's become a little throatier (is that an Ok word to use, lol?).

They are out on tour all over the place together at the moment but nothing mentioned about coming to the UK yet.

Jimmy J's playing on the JT live album is awesome, just fabulous in places and a tone to die for. Super nice guy too :)

I've seen Lee Sklar live a few times and he's pretty cool, always a great core tone to his playing as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...