Why become a member? ×

Ernie Ball Music Man "REFLEX" UK Debut

Grand Wazoo

As you know the Reflex is the descendent of the 25th Anniversary bass and it still shares all the same characteristics except the fancy quilted or flamed maple tops, it still has the mahogany tone block and the same pickup configurations i.e. Single Humbucker, Double Humbucker and Humbucker / Single / Single

You've seen it here first!

[url="http://www.musicmanuk.co.uk/reflex_bass_black_retail.htm"]http://www.musicmanuk.co.uk/reflex_bass_black_retail.htm[/url]

Oooh.... that's nice. It'll need to have a more sensible street price though.

Is it just me (or the perspective of the photos) or is the headstock smaller than usual??

Also, when will manufacturers who put on 50 knobs and buttons finally devise some means of marking what they do. I'm sure they can come up with something more desirable than dymo-tape if they try, but nothing isn't really acceptable.

Edited by thepurpleblob

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='843851' date='May 21 2010, 09:30 AM']Oooh.... that's nice. It'll need to have a more sensible street price though.

Is it just me (or the perspective of the photos) or is the headstock smaller than usual??

Also, when will manufacturers who put on 50 knobs and buttons finally devise some means of marking what they do. I'm sure they can come up with something more desirable than dymo-tape if they try, but nothing isn't really acceptable.[/quote]

Again... I seem to repeat myself: The controls might look complicated to Joe Public but they are very intuitively easy to understand and when it comes out of the box it has a peel off sticker that tells you what does what such as this:

[size=4][b]To have an idea of the street price you must deduct an average of 15% from what stated on their website.[/b][/size]

Edited by Grand Wazoo

[quote name='Stacker' post='849117' date='May 27 2010, 07:35 AM']The controls on that thing are just overkill; there's no need to build a bass with such complex switching. I mean, look what Warwick did, all those years ago: you need to go passive? Simple, just pull up the volume pot.[/quote]

It's a "look" I suppose. In theory you don't need any controls at all. The ones on your amp do the job !

It's just a shame they don't seem to be doing it in Orange:

[url="http://musicmanphotorepository.blogspot.com/2010/03/feeling-randy.html"]http://musicmanphotorepository.blogspot.co...ling-randy.html[/url]

That, I would have GAS for. I will hold off judgement until I can see the white/goldtop/sunburst models, since I'm not a huge fan of black basses (for the most part).

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='843851' date='May 21 2010, 10:30 AM']Is it just me (or the perspective of the photos) or is the headstock smaller than usual??[/quote]
It certainly appears to be smaller than a Stingray/Sterling as they seem to be using the smaller style Schaller machine heads. They also seem to have got the string pull on the headstock squint AGAIN.

Edited by ~tl

[quote name='~tl' post='849597' date='May 27 2010, 05:19 PM']It certainly appears to be smaller than a Stingray/Sterling as they seem to be using the smaller style Schaller machine heads. They also seem to have got the string pull on the headstock squint AGAIN.[/quote]
Maybe its smaller to offset the effect of the neck-dive inducing upper horn?