Why become a member? ×

Bass players in hats

MacDaddy

Pains me to say it (and I know I'll come into some flack for this..........) but whats with wearing your bass up by your chin? :) :huh: :huh: I s'pose I'm the 'anti' to the Billy Sheehan school.... 'you gotta practice standing up'!!!! Horses for courses I presume. :huh:

And, yes..... your singer is a sweaty momma!!!!!

BTW......................... nice hat! :huh:

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='91907' date='Nov 20 2007, 11:20 PM']anyone got a shot of them wearing a pork pie hat?[/quote]

Nice to see the old tit'fer thread back :)
Them?

Here's a couple of dodgy hat wearers, Rich on the left depping for Mustang Sally (on my Shuker p5) and me, in one of my Pork Pie Hats, on the tenor ..

Edited by OldGit

ha ha, yeah i know, i lied. was rushing downstairs for me tea. didn't have time to correctly word a sentence... :huh:

anyway, bassists in hats. here we go!

first off, a couple of me in my favorite hat. which has now been lost :)

and slightly more 'laid back' (notice how the hat angle reflects this mood :huh: )

and a couple of more *ahem* [i]silly[/i] hats

[quote name='tombboy' post='91866' date='Nov 20 2007, 10:15 PM']Pains me to say it (and I know I'll come into some flack for this..........) but whats with wearing your bass up by your chin? :) :huh: :huh: I s'pose I'm the 'anti' to the Billy Sheehan school.... 'you gotta practice standing up'!!!! Horses for courses I presume. :huh:

And, yes..... your singer is a sweaty momma!!!!![/quote]

I use strap locks and have 2 on my strap, one as you see high for comfort and playing the difficult bits, and one a lot lower for rock posing :huh:

Edited by MacDaddy

[quote name='paul, the' post='93123' date='Nov 23 2007, 01:00 AM']Off topic, I know. But that's a beaut' of an upright. What is it, if I may ask?[/quote]

it's an 'Artisan'.

found it at my local market music shop place. i think it comes from the same factory that pumps out Shine, Wulf, Harley Benton, Holland & Barret, you know the ones. it's a 1 piece mould, some sorta plastiky stuff. very very bright and harsh sounding, but with the right eq-ing does a very nice upright sound. just watch out for the feedback!

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='94226' date='Nov 25 2007, 06:33 PM']it's an 'Artisan'.

found it at my local market music shop place. i think it comes from the same factory that pumps out Shine, Wulf, Harley Benton, Holland & Barret, you know the ones. it's a 1 piece mould, some sorta plastiky stuff. very very bright and harsh sounding, but with the right eq-ing does a very nice upright sound. just watch out for the feedback![/quote]

Cheers! Love the classic styling.