Why become a member? ×

20yr Status Veteran goes all Retro Fender Shocker!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='martthebass' post='813731' date='Apr 21 2010, 01:24 PM']Does this mean your brief 'fraternisation' with Musicman is over Rich?

Might be interested in this one when you come to sell it Rich ;-)[/quote]

Yes Mart, the EBMM flirtation is over for the time being. I loved the modern sound of the ceramic magnets in the 5, but the alnico 4 was too much of a mixture for me. So now it's ultra modern graphite or vintage wood. Yin & Yang.

I waited a long time to get this one, so I think it'll be staying around for a while. But you never know...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='813681' date='Apr 21 2010, 12:47 PM']Courtesy of Peter [Greeneking] I'm now the proud owner of this lovely AV 62 Reissue :)

Sounds like no other Precision I've heard with clear bell like growling tones and no mush whatsoever.

[/quote]
Ooh, it looks just like mine!

Sounds and feels great - I love a proper P bass.

The precision is simply beautiful and I have heard the AV series are the best value Fenders, although I've never had chance o try one and they rarely come up on the used market.
I prefer jazz basses and the AV 62 jazz looks lovely, but £1500 is way out of my comfort zone.
How are you liking the road worn jazz and how does it compare to the Squier CV and American Standard models for playability, sound, feel and weight ?
I played a Squire CV and a VMJ fretless in the gallerey recently and thought both fantastic, regardless of cost.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='814416' date='Apr 21 2010, 10:31 PM']Ah!

Brother! Ye hath beat me to the Fiesta Fancy!

Well done mate - a fine pairage! I found a lovely used US Vintage '57 P bass today and it really wants me to buy it.....however casheth is tight and I'm lusting after another Jazz bass right now...!

Nico x[/quote]

Oh? Another Jazz, Brother? What pray might that be, then? :)

As good a looking P Bass as I've seen on here..... and normally P-basses aren't for me.
A nice white and a tort plate just kills everything.

I have a Jazz ripe for a refin...it is off-white atm... and that will be the way to go... NO QUESTION... :)

[quote name='LeoFender' post='815448' date='Apr 22 2010, 08:50 PM']What age and is the Road Worn? Its simply stunning Rich.

If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me a rough price i would need to pay to buy one?

Thanks

Leo[/quote]

Hey Leo, it's good to finally get to talk to the inventor of the electric bass :)

The Road Worn is brand new - The full rrp on these is usually around £1100, but do an internet search and you'll find them for around £799 usually.