Why become a member? ×

New arrival. Fender Precision

bartelby

I've been wanting one of these ever since I got hold of Live After Death and saw the photos of Steve with his. After 24, or so, years mine arrived today.
[attachment=46107:DSC_1312.JPG]

I can't wait to play it loud but next band practice is 9 days away!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Official-WEST-HAM-UNITED-FC-Football-Crest-7pc-STICKER_W0QQitemZ160388373547QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET?hash=item2557e45c2b"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Official-WEST-HAM-UN...=item2557e45c2b[/url]

Just need that

It's really nice and so easy to play! Heavy though, 1/4 of a pound heavier than my 35" scale Ibanez 5 string!!
Cue the purchase of another 3.75" soft leather strap...

[quote name='throwoff' post='792020' date='Mar 31 2010, 03:15 PM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Official-WEST-HAM-UNITED-FC-Football-Crest-7pc-STICKER_W0QQitemZ160388373547QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET?hash=item2557e45c2b"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Official-WEST-HAM-UN...=item2557e45c2b[/url]

Just need that[/quote]

Erm. No.
:)

Managed a couple of detail shots before the battery died in my camera:
Headstock front and back
[attachment=46161:DSC_1307.JPG]
[attachment=46162:DSC_1322.JPG]

Badass II bridge, and this gives you a decent idea of the finish.
Close up it looks like Lake Placid Blue with a blue metal flake.
[attachment=46163:DSC_1318.JPG]

For some reason the SH sig. strings on this feel different to the SH sig. strings on my Squier Precision...

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='Hot Tub' post='793530' date='Apr 1 2010, 05:35 PM']You do of course realise that you're gonna spend the rest of your days keeping that scratchplate shiny! :lol:[/quote]

I realised that earlier today :)

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='793547' date='Apr 1 2010, 05:53 PM']Very nice indeed. I like the maple against that body colour and I should have shares in Badass the way I heap praise on them.

Will it buy me a pint of Guiness in the White Horse , Wakefield like the real Steve Harris did?? :rolleyes:[/quote]

It looks even better in real life...

I don't think it would buy you a pint, it hasn't got any money after paying for itself...
:lol:

[quote name='tom1946' post='795731' date='Apr 4 2010, 02:46 PM']What's the best price on these? I was thinking of an investment.... I've seen £879.[/quote]

I got mine for £849 (plus £10 P&P) from GAK.
Soundslive also have it for £849.
Digital Village are advertising at £849 but 3-12 working days delivery.

[quote name='bartelby' post='791984' date='Mar 31 2010, 02:48 PM']I've been wanting one of these ever since I got hold of Live After Death and saw the photos of Steve with his. [color="#FF0000"]After 24, or so, years [/color]mine arrived today.[/quote]

I'm not using that Courier! :)

Sweet, is there a difference in weight to other P's?

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='795819' date='Apr 4 2010, 05:05 PM']Sweet, is there a difference in weight to other P's?[/quote]

I don't have a Fender to compare with, but this one weighs somewhere between 10.5 lbs and 11 lbs.
Maybe someone else with a P can give a comparison.