Why become a member? ×

Basschat Addiction

Pete Academy

This is my first and only forum, it is a bit "family" like......people swapping ideas, having a laugh, getting a bit feisty with each other sometimes, and there are the "mums & dads" like Skank/OutToPlayJazz/Bilbo/PeteAcademy/Jakesbass/MrsTinman,, etc who are experienced bods in the bass world and who post a good thread. :)
I'm a "once a day" man :rolleyes: , and like to see what's what on here.
I also like the fact that everyone's accepted, despite what gear you play, or how experienced you are, or how crap I am....
Addicted? probably.......but apart from the odd GAS attack, I could think of worse things to be addicted to.

I begged big scary IT manager at work for an internet login and password even tho my lowly drone position doesn't merit it.
Shocked he actually gave me one without too many questions so now i can sneak off for BC peek when things are quiet.
And I am only at work 3 days a week :) !!

Addicted? Meh!!

BB

I have an excuse for being here. I probably don't have the chance to look in as often as I used to though. Too many other demands on my time at the moment and the time difference doesn't make it easy to actively participate in topical conversations.

I really dont care about my addiction to BC..i have a problem that ive learned to deal with through the medium of electric bass...imo i dont (although i have learned alot) really care for TB...i dont know why...not as close nit maybe..not that i know everyone here....dont know about others..

i thought BC was taking time away from actually playing which it does a little, but the amount i learn from BC'ers is worth its weight..like Sarah 5's RGT thing..i would like to do this and i wouldnt have known about it if it wasnt for her and BC...and my previous posters expert thoughts/ opinions on pickups etc...very informative..

hurrah!!

Edited by bubinga5

[addicted]

I've said it before and I will say it again - it's the only place I can go where the vast majority understand the one thing I talk about ...all the time... AND don't tell me to shut up!

[quote name='theosd' post='791158' date='Mar 30 2010, 09:28 PM']Way I see it, it's no worse than having an eastenders addiction!

Bassists are generally nice people with good attitudes I find. I always get on with other bassists. Or maybe that's just basschat making me think I do :rolleyes:

I come here for the pictures :)[/quote]
You have the funniest avatar on the forum!!