Why become a member? ×

At that price I'll take two!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-1952-Fender-Slab-Body-Precision-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ360239863096QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item53dff81538"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-1952-Fender-...=item53dff81538[/url]

The cat was on my lap until it drowned in drool

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='771860' date='Mar 11 2010, 05:26 PM']Oh man, I'd love that bass. I'd replace the bridge with a badass, replace the tuners with lightweight ones. Maybe defret it. I'd definitely give it a purple sparkle finish and a mirror pickguard. Then, and only then, would it be awesome.

S.P.[/quote]

I can be a bit anal about non-reversible mods & keeping things original, but I'm not convinced sitting in its case for 20 years is better than the above suggestion! It must be really bored.

And is there some sort of big deal with keeping the vintage filth on these things? Oh, that's 58-year-old skin flakes & navel fluff you're looking at - that's the mojo. Someone give it a good wipe.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='771886' date='Mar 11 2010, 06:43 PM']I can be a bit anal about non-reversible mods & keeping things original, but I'm not convinced sitting in its case for 20 years is better than the above suggestion! It must be really bored.[/quote]

Totally agree, If i had it I would play it every day, gig it and love it. Thats its soul

[quote name='crez5150' post='771907' date='Mar 11 2010, 05:56 PM']I can't stand Fender basses (Fender Guitars however are fantastic..... hmmm strange) but this is beautiful....... Is it me or does the string spacing between the A and the D seem wider than the others??

J[/quote]

I think the A string is not quite sitting in the right place on the bridge.

I think this guy had an original mid 60's Jazz for sale a couple of years ago for about £20 000 . It had the same grandiose description (had to open the door to let the pish out!) and attitude. When I emailed him with what I thought was a reasonable offer he called me a "douchebag" and told me that my offer wouldn't buy the air around this bass. Mailed him back informing him that as I'm Scottish I had no idea what a douchebag was so his insult was pointless. Offered some local insults for him to try on back and finished with a $20 dollar offer for the "bass air"!!

Dickhead!!

The minute I saw the word 'Douchebag', I thought "Aha! Must be the rebarbative Mr tune-o-matic, e-bay's happiest seller".

It would almost be worth destroying an e-bay account just to mail him: "[font="Courier New"]thjt is A squire Mike Durnt yo hav stript i have one lik it u Nzi LOLZ, Com 2 iowa i kick yore ass, Kenny bass god[/font]" and wait for the detonation.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='772346' date='Mar 12 2010, 03:01 AM']The minute I saw the word 'Douchebag', I thought "Aha! Must be the rebarbative Mr tune-o-matic, e-bay's happiest seller".

It would almost be worth destroying an e-bay account just to mail him: "[font="Courier New"]thjt is A squire Mike Durnt yo hav stript i have one lik it u Nzi LOLZ, Com 2 iowa i kick yore ass, Kenny bass god[/font]" and wait for the detonation.[/quote]

do it

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='772346' date='Mar 12 2010, 02:01 AM']The minute I saw the word 'Douchebag', I thought "Aha! Must be the rebarbative Mr tune-o-matic, e-bay's happiest seller".

It would almost be worth destroying an e-bay account just to mail him: "[font="Courier New"]thjt is A squire Mike Durnt yo hav stript i have one lik it u Nzi LOLZ, Com 2 iowa i kick yore ass, Kenny bass god[/font]" and wait for the detonation.[/quote]

That made me chuckle - Yeah please please do it & post his comments back here. Go on go on go on go on.

[quote name='Davetbass' post='771996' date='Mar 11 2010, 07:16 PM']I think this guy had an original mid 60's Jazz for sale a couple of years ago for about £20 000 . It had the same grandiose description (had to open the door to let the pish out!) and attitude. When I emailed him with what I thought was a reasonable offer he called me a "douchebag" and told me that my offer wouldn't buy the air around this bass. Mailed him back informing him that as I'm Scottish I had no idea what a douchebag was so his insult was pointless. Offered some local insults for him to try on back and finished with a $20 dollar offer for the "bass air"!!

Dickhead!![/quote]

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='772346' date='Mar 12 2010, 02:01 AM']The minute I saw the word 'Douchebag', I thought "Aha! Must be the rebarbative Mr tune-o-matic, e-bay's happiest seller".

:) :rolleyes: :lol: Those 2 posts made a dull afternoon bearable!