Why become a member? ×

Bored with Bass.

paul h

[quote name='paul h' post='766283' date='Mar 6 2010, 06:00 PM']As per title. Can't really be bothered anymore.

Message ends.[/quote]
Oh well cheerio! You won't want to be leaving that EB0, you just bought, gathering dust will you so pop it down anytime. Indefinite loan sort of thing just in case you change your mind :) :rolleyes:

Yeah, wouldn't be the first time I have felt like this. I gave it up altogether for a couple of years in my late teens. That's why I recently got rid of my Fender alikes and went all short scale, hoping to feel inspired a bit.

It worked for about a week.

I have started to pick up my tele a lot more though. I might well switch to the darkside for a spell.

[quote name='paul h' post='766328' date='Mar 6 2010, 06:43 PM']Yeah, wouldn't be the first time I have felt like this. I gave it up altogether for a couple of years in my late teens. That's why I recently got rid of my Fender alikes and went all short scale, hoping to feel inspired a bit.

It worked for about a week.

I have started to pick up my tele a lot more though. I might well switch to the darkside for a spell.[/quote]

Which is exactly what I've done. Although, since Christmas time I've been feeling the itch again. It's all swings and roundabouts.

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='766344' date='Mar 6 2010, 06:58 PM']Perhaps an over the counter cream from your local pharmacist would help with this? :rolleyes:[/quote]
Oddly enough Terri, for a completely different itch on my left leg that may not be a bad idea :)

[quote name='paul h' post='766309' date='Mar 6 2010, 06:26 PM']Will I get a permanent loan of £130 in return then?

:)[/quote]

Ah, you spotted the flaw in my request :rolleyes:

[quote]I have started to pick up my tele a lot more though[/quote]

I can't pick up my tele, it weighs a tonne. Anyway put it down someone might be watching it. :lol:

Edited by Marvin

Im currently going through a similar phase but its partially because ive got so much going on with work etc...

And when ever I played bass I always ended up going back to the old favourites.

Now I am learning guitar and revisiting keyboard. Nothing like a bit of versatility to keep the eagerness flowing :)

Not so much bored with Bass more like bored with being messed about when it comes to trying to get a band together.

Got two projects that look like they might be going somewhere at the moment though so things might be looking up. :)

If I get bored with it though I normally put a bit of Rush on and listen to his Geddyness. It normally gets me into it again.

[quote name='Mrs Tinman' post='766413' date='Mar 6 2010, 07:59 PM']Bless you Marvin. Is it time for your little lie down yet? :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]
:lol: :lol:

The doctor said if I take 3 of the green tablets and 2 of the yellow ones it may at least stop me dribbling. :)

I don't get how you feel,because I've never felt like I've had enough or got bored
with the bass. I've got bored with playing certain music,but never with the
instrument. There is always new stuff to try.
I think you have to ask yourself why you are bored. Is it the actual bass itself,
or is it the music you play on it? If it's the latter,it's just a matter of learning something
stylistically or technically that you've not tried before. There are always new things to play
that stop the instrument from becoming boring.

[quote name='NickThomas' post='766548' date='Mar 7 2010, 12:42 AM']I also thought I was bored with bass once. Then I realised I was bored with what I could do on bass, so I learnt more :-)[/quote]

That's more like it. I too once became bored playing the same songs over and over again, so I learned some new ones. Voilà! the bass is vibrant and relevant again.