Why become a member? ×

Has your bass got a face?

KiOgon

[quote name='bass5' post='744782' date='Feb 14 2010, 01:47 PM']I am not going to say what part of female anatomy that particular piece of matched veneer looks like but certainly not the face! :rolleyes: :lol: errr.. come to think of it none of my basses have "a face"

Nice wood.[/quote]

MB1. :)
...Caneston Combi should clear that up!...Cheryl?

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='745036' date='Feb 14 2010, 05:49 PM']That top pic looks great Tinman![/quote]
Many thanks :)

It's certainly a looker, I love it!

Jon (Shuker) didn't say so but I reckon he picked those pieces of Buckeye deliberately becuase he say faces in there.

I you look carefully you can see something that looks a bit like the characture from Munch's "The Scream" (Back of the bass at the bottom) :rolleyes:

Edited by Tinman

[quote name='Tinman' post='745101' date='Feb 14 2010, 06:44 PM']I you look carefully you can see something that looks a bit like the characture from Munch's "The Scream" (Back of the bass at the bottom) :)[/quote]

Nooooo, its a springer spaniel! Don't forget the sloth sat on top of the bear's head and the rhinoceruseruserus (the whole of the front !) :rolleyes:

[quote name='Tinman' post='745033' date='Feb 14 2010, 05:47 PM']Yep, see if you can see 'em :)[/quote]

i can see something that resembles a goldfish mid-yawn.

[attachment=42728:yawning_goldfish.jpg]

oh, and Ki0gon, in the control cavity cover thingy of your bass, there's the profile of a koala's face.

Edited by Tait

[quote name='Tait' post='746611' date='Feb 15 2010, 10:22 PM']i can see something that resembles a goldfish mid-yawn.

[attachment=42728:yawning_goldfish.jpg]

oh, and Ki0gon, in the control cavity cover thingy of your bass, there's the profile of a koala's face.[/quote]

:) :rolleyes: :lol:

"Basses With Faces" is a fantastic idea for a thread - but I was a bit disheartened by the fact that the best I could come up with was the Pac-Man ghost which lives on the end of my Hohner B2A:

[attachment=42893:pacmanghost.jpg]

However I finally got around to taking some pics of my Lace Helix - and when going through them, was struck by the realisation that it looks [i]exactly[/i] like a fluffy little baby seal cub, flinching as it waits for the cudgel to descend:

[attachment=42894:sealcub.jpg]

And once you see it, you can't un-see it. I was intending to swap the knobs for wooden or metal ones, if I could find the right style - but that would be like plucking its little eyes out.

I'm so glad it's not white.

Jon.